Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this sever Anxiety? Psychologist isn't helping either.  (Read 140 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this sever Anxiety? Psychologist isn't helping either.
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
     I'm 15 and I have been having horrible Anxiety and now I'm not sure whether or not I'm Schizophrenic. 
I have self diagnosed with many illnesses in the past, both Physical and Mental (Diabetes, Heart Problems, Multiple Sclerosis and others). 
This most recent fear of mine is horrible I can't get over the thought that I'm Schizophrenic and slowly losing my sanity.
I have constantly think about it all day and it's taking over my life.  I know pretty much all of the symptoms
of it and I can't tell if I'm just making these things up in my mind or if they're symptoms of Schizophrenia.
I've been to my Psychologist 4 times now and everything we're doing isn't really helping, I've also been on
Wellbutrin for 1 week which also seems to not be helping yet.

Back to my Schizophrenia fear, more specifically Schizophrenia onset.  I have no family members with it, but I was
born grey with low oxygen and not breathing.  My mother and I both got an infection from our blood mixing
NOT Pre-Eclampsia anyways.  I do know the lack of Oxygen can lead to a greater chance of developing it.
I have used Marijuan recreationally about 8 times but haven't touched it for the past year and a half
because it gave me a horrible panic attack.  I'm also aware that Marijuana can lead to Schizophrenia.
I have been getting very depressed also and self loathing for an hour or so and I will cry and feel better
usually.  The Anxiety has also been really bad lately I think that this could be because of my Wellbutrin
prescription.

Symptoms I'm experiencing are as follows.
Really bad Anxiety
Mild Paranoia I think(I hear people laughing and think what if it's about me but I don't believe it)
Solipsism(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism)
Everything seems to be louder(not sure if me being Hyper sensitive)
Depressed states(last for hours)
Loss of emotions
Not as social as I used to be
Think people might be with government but I don't believe it
My mind races
Socially awkward(but still like talking to friends)
Depersonalisation
Very jumpy
Irritable lately

I've pretty much convinced myself that I have it and no matter what anybody tells me
it doesn't really seem to change my mind.  I'm not sure if the government I mentioned is some
sort of delusion or I know people experience that and it's become implanted into my brain and I'm
making myself think about it.  When I'm truly distracted all of this stuff seems to go away.
I do not have any Hallucinations although I pay a ton of attention to everything I hear and try
to find a source. 

Can somebody please reply, this took me a decent amount of time to type and I would appreciate
an intelligent response.  I really just want some reassurance and my Psychologist has been
telling me I don't have it but it seems as if though my "symptoms" have been getting a lot worse in
the past week.  Please don't just tell me to go to another person or a Psychiatrist it took a lot to let
my parents take me to a Psychologist for Anxiety.

Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this sever Anxiety? Psychologist isn't helping either.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:14:22 PM »
My daughter has ALL those symptoms and also your fear!  She's 26.  (but she wasn't born with low oxygen nor has she ever smoked marijuana.)  and she doesn't have schizophrenia and neither do you.  (do you have problems sleeping? - she does)  Are you taking any sort of medication?  Maybe that would help.  Sometimes just talking doesn't help because there just is nothing to talk about, it is all a chemical imbalance in the brain and could be helped with certain medications.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
I do have problems sleeping, I will either wake up an hour before I'm supposed to
or I wake up repeatedly during the night.  Also the first half of my day is always worst.
Going to school and the majority of the time that I'm there are always worse.  I usually calm
down when I get home.  I am currently taking Wellbutrin but I've only been on it for a week so
it hasn't had enough time to start working.  I am very worried though, and did you click on the link
about Solipsism?  As I'm typing this to you I'm thinking to myself what if your reply all just stemmed
from my own mind?  That's one of the scariest things to me.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 08:41:21 PM »
I clicked on it now -  Sometimes my daughter will say, "How do I know this is really happening?"  And she'll laugh.  I always thought she was joking around, but now YOU saying this just makes it 100% your symptoms too!)
See if the Wellbutrin works, give it about 2 weeks to kick in (My daughter tried that one, didn't like the side effects and stopped it in about a week), so I don't know if it would have worked.  She just started Buspar, was good for about 2 weeks now she is "relapsing" - thinking maybe she needs her dose upped.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 09:19:37 PM »
The Solipsism is a very scary feeling, not knowing if I am truly the only conscious person alive.
Not knowing if everything I believe to exist is all just some extension of my mind.  It's very scary
but I try not to think in that way just tell myself to shut up, and focus on Schizophrenia(not very smart
but I don't know how else to).  Also, I went into Wellbutrin knowing it can be helpful for Depression but
make Anxiety really bad in the "adjustment" period.  But my primary Physician who prescribed it, said her
daughter was a lot like me and it has helped her so much, my Psychologists mom also takes it
and it changed her completely(for the better).  My dad was on it for about a month and he said it did
nothing for him.  So it seems like there's a lot of mixed reviews about it.  I'm just trying to stick it
out for the next week and see how it effects me.  I don't want to be on any Benzo's at all though.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: