Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Older age with HA  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Older age with HA
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »
I don't think my anxiety would be so high if I didn't feel that I actually have a physical problem that has not been diagnosed. I have been tested extensively and nothing ever shows.

How would all of you handle this situation? I would really love to know.

I've had many throughout the years (not REAL ones just manufactured ones or obsessing about a normal thing everyone gets)  I never go to a doctor, what I do is worry until A) the problem goes away  B) it's not getting any worse.  If something starts suddenly and then just sits at that point month after month, then it's nothing, THAT is when I start to calm down.  Sometimes the symptoms are still there, but the longer it goes on the less I worry until I forget about it.     OR if it's something I had years ago and worried, it went away and it comes back.   Then I just say, "It happened before, it goes away, move on"  It's when it's something brand new that I "lose it" (so rule of thumb:  It starts suddenly, sits at the same point for months?  You are fine"  That's MY theory!  I mean maybe there is some kind of weird disease out there that works like that, but as of this date I never heard of such a thing.  (unless maybe you break your arm or something!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 12:03:12 PM »
I worry of the things I do have wrong,  Then the what ifs of imagined things.

I'm very alone in this, so I would be glad to pm talk with those my age to relate to. 

Riley, I know what it is to be home alone while family is gone.  Talk to me if you need.

Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »
I am so glad I found this post. I was wishing when reading this web site there were more older people with HA. I am 59 yrs old and I like all remember yrs back when in 20s 30s don't have to worry much you never see heart disease usually in some one that young. I was about to not come back to this site as I saw some post about heart things that scared me. I have a lot of issues. I am afraid to go to DRs and have test run am afraid of the results. I at times find myself in between afraid to not go and afraid to go. I hate that feeling terribly. I would love to be able to talk with you guys as I feel terribly alone right now. I am having trouble with my back hurting usually my left shoulder blade. I it moves around so I tell myself if it was something it wouldn't do that. I am very sore in my shoulders. I even hurt in a lot of places like random shooting pains. I wish there was just a section for older folks like us. thanks for starting this post
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 12:40:17 PM »
I would love a section for older folks.  Not sure if GG would approve it.  He is real busy with chat fixes now. 
I feel so alone too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »
Yes, I feel alone as well, and I am really panicky at the moment.  I have had a surging feeling in my chest and prickly feelings in the skin of my legs for a very long time. My leg skin even feels kind of numb. Even with all the testing I have had, no cause can be found. I feel I have either some strange autoimmune disease, or something called autonomic disorder, or small nerve neuropathy.  I know all these things are kind of rare, but my symptoms are quite severe. I have even thought of going to ER, but I don't think that would get me anywhere either. So depressing - it is hard to enjoy life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 01:02:34 PM »
I'm shaking bad panic today.  I have so many thoughts.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 01:29:37 PM »
Daisy I am sorry you are having a hard time. I hate to get that afraid that I am trembling. I am keeping my anxiety pushed back as best I can. I spend time praying and reading the Bible it helps a lot. I don't want to offend any one. I don't push my belief on anyone. I feel we do need to get our minds off the thoughts that are making us anxious. I wish I could have test ran and if they came back okay maybe I could move on. but you know we can't control our life why are we trying. I feel like that is what it is a control issue. I am tired of feeling this way we are losing out so much on life doing this to ourselves.
Bookmark and Share

Offline e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »
Great advice tinam7 and very worthwhile to pursue.  I too fear exiting this life and as one ages(I am 60) it feels more real to me.    Has to be the most common fear of human experience.  I take solace in the fact that every living thing has to go through the same thing and if we're all going through it how can it be bad.  The universe is such an incredible place!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
As a Christian I pray and ask.  I have a lot of wrong teaching over years that needs to renew my mind.   I keep on seeking. 

That is why this is my verse of hope.   As I learn the truths to set me free.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Puller

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »
While I am only 43 Daisy, I took suffer from HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sparx

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 08:58:26 PM »
You can add me as one of the 'over 50' group!  Maybe our motto should be "Old enough to know better!"  -- at least, that's what I tell myself.   :spineyes:  I do think that as I have grown older, I have become more self aware of my HA weaknesses, and I'm more willing to talk about what I'm feeling.  That's the key for me... when I let these crazy thoughts out of my head and admit them, they lose their control over me!  I am blessed with a wonderfully sensitive husband who knows how to help me laugh at the situation. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 09:01:28 PM »
I am so much glad to meet everyone in older group.   Please feel free to pm me so we can share, help and relate.

Hope to see you in chat to when it is up again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lois

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 09:01:51 PM »
I to am in my fifties with terrible health anxiety sure could use some friends my age to chat with
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »
Hi lois.  So nice to meet you.  Yes message anytime to chat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »
I am so glad to see this post still going. I was afraid I had offended you guys. my health anxiety went away yrs ago with getting on medication and taking it for years. I went off my medication last yr and 2 months later started having severe weak spells out of the blue. no one can find out what caused them said no not the medicine. I have since got back on medicine but not working as well and can't get out from under the feeling something is wrong with me. I would love to have test ran but what if they find something? I hate this stinking mess.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: