Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this a Panic Attack???  (Read 224 times)

Offline carolina girl

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Is this a Panic Attack???
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:24 AM »
I am just curious as to what everyone's opinion is about my "episodes" . They tell me it is a Panic attack but I just don't know. My most recent episode was yesterday driving home from the store.  I had my kids in the car and I felt perfectly fine. We were having fun dancing to music and I was fine. Then out of no where I was very woozy/light headed,weak, my vision seemed darker, I felt.so.weak like I couldn't talk or swallow, I started shaking all over, and my heart started pounding and.racing, I felt a little short of breath. I got home and tried to shake it off.  the whole thing went away within 15-20 minutes but it is always so very intense. sometimes I can feel it coming on by feeling really jittery in my chest and stomach and other times, like yesterday, they happen all of a sudden. It wasn't my blood sugar, and I wasn't hyperventilating. Does anyone else have attacks or episodes like these? Are generally panic attacks?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this a Panic Attack???
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 11:07:49 AM »
Yep, sounds ike a panic attack to me.  Ride with it. Try not to let it throw you.  It's scary, but the more you become scared, the more you bring it on and the longer it lasts.

Good luck,

Julie

P.S.  Have you seen your doctor about medication?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this a Panic Attack???
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:34:51 PM »
Sounds like a classic panic attack.  Lightheaded, tunnel vision, racing heart, coordination problems.... if this was your first you should a DR check you out to rule out any other reason (like a drop in your B/P)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: