Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How long does the Dizzy/unbalance feeling last??  (Read 329 times)

Offline breakingbadhabits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How long does the Dizzy/unbalance feeling last??
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
I'm coming up on about a month of having odd feelings/symptoms and my doctors just aren't sure what is bothering me. Started with a day where I got extremely dizzy, short of breath, cold tingling all over my body, almost as if water was being flicked at me and my heart was racing, I thought I was having a heart attack or panic attack. For days after I was having weird Cold Tingling sensation throughout my body and I was extremely dizzy and off balance which made me feel like I was on a boat or trampoline. Since then I have been to my GP, ENT and have had a MRI which has all come back negative(my GP wanted to rule out MS). Over the weeks so far my symptoms have decreased in the severity however are still present and are creating problems still in my life! I used to be extremely athletic, exercising at least 4-5 days a week, now I dont exercise because when I do i get a wobbly feeling like I am walking/running on a boat.

Recently I still have symptoms like:
-Swaying/off balance feeling when standing or laying on my side in bed. When I exercise it exacerbates the off balance/wobbling feeling of walking on a boat or trampoline.
-Brain fog, I have a hard time recalling recent memories, names and places.
-Still have small bouts of cold tingling sensation that occures mostly in my legs
-I feel fatigued and I still dont feel rested after I sleep. My muscles are sore and tired.

Has anyone else had these symptoms? is it lingering anxiety? a Ear problem? neuro?? its killing me because I want to get back to my regular life so badly!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline noella6

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How long does the Dizzy/unbalance feeling last??
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 01:32:09 PM »
The dizziness could come from neck tension, which ive definitely had on and off in my life - especially when i lie to one side, move my head quickly, etc. It's like i can lie down on my right and as my head is lowered the room tips a bit and after a few seconds balances out again.

Massaging my neck and treating the tension does seem to help with this - but the fear seems to keep it there!

I've had the odd water flicks too, mostly during bad panic or anxiety phases.

You've had tests, so that's good.
The sad thing is, many anxiety symptoms mimic other health issues, this is why we go banana's over it.
Bookmark and Share
"Giants exist to deceive, they retreat if they're clearly perceived"

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »
Your dizzyness sounds to a t what my dizzyness is. Feels like you are on a boat, or rebounding on a trampoline or when you are lying in bed and about to fall asleep, the "falling" sensation.
I had these issues until i was on meds and even then I still get them sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sailormoonjf

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »
I used to get dizziness ALL the time until I had a bunch of tests that came back negative.  Mine was set off from Ocular and silent migraines (silent migraines cause vertigo).  Once I would feel the vertigo sensation I would be dizzy feeling for months at a time.  I knew the vertigo was from the migraine, but the constant dizziness scared me. After a long time of dealing with this feeling and assuming the worse, I just told myself that it HAS to be the anxiety because if it was anything serious I would have died from it by now.  Once I accepted it as anxiety, I was able to no longer concentrate on it and eventually it went away.  I will still get dizzy here and there (especially because of the panic attacks) but I never pass out from it, and I now realize it's all from anxiety. 

I know it's scary.  It feels like no one else knows what you're going through.  Non-sufferers just say, "All you have to do is relax" because they have no clue what it feels like to be scared of losing your mind.  But honestly, it is most likely just anxiety.  Just try reminding yourself that you are fine, and try to distract yourself.  I like to write and draw as an outlet for my anxiety.

Good luck! 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: