Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dealing with anxiety fear  (Read 123 times)

Offline Purple22

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dealing with anxiety fear
« on: April 01, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »
I have been having feelings of fear on my chest that comes on and off, and I'm waiting for it to go away. I'm taking klonopin, but I don't want to be dependent on it. How to deal when having some anxiety symptoms coming back?
Bookmark and Share
Courage is knowing what not to fear. -Plato #courage

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dealing with anxiety fear
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:18:38 AM »
At least you know it is just anxiety. And this is what you have to keep telling yourself. That anxiety comes and anxiety goes. So when having a bad day tell yourself that it will pass. It has done before and will do so again. Just about getting those positive thoughts into your head. Understanding that symptoms do come and go. Learn how to distract yourself when the symptoms are bad. Take your mind off of yourself.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline electric_monk

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dealing with anxiety fear
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:15:27 PM »
I've found that deep-breathing meditation can help. Also, if possible, remove yourself from a situation that can cause anxiety - if it's stress at work, take a walk around the parking lot; if it's stress at home, take the dog for a walk. Likewise, avoid situations that can trigger your anxiety. Even certain movies, TV shows, or stories can set me off sometimes. Yesterday I found myself reading a blog that was causing me to feel a great deal of anxiety, so I forced myself to shut down the website and delete it from my browser history and swore I'd never visit it again.

Also, don't be afraid to rely on medication when you need it. If you had diabetes, you'd take medicine to control it. If you have anxiety, it's okay to take medication to control it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: #anxiety #fear