Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fighting  (Read 93 times)

Offline blaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fighting
« on: April 01, 2014, 11:22:54 AM »
Hi to everyone, I'm new to this forum but have been reading some threads and found alot of helpful tips.
I started suffering from anxiety recently (Aug13).  I managed to overcome it with the help of meds and CBT and was doing good (few lapses but i was able to manage them) until a couple of weeks ago when I got the all clear for a tumor on my breast.  I found the lump the end of Jan and I suppose I spent the 6 weeks till the appointment/results batting away the worry and then once the all clear came I crumbled... over the past few weeks I was getting worse and cracked the weekend when I spent the weekend crying... all those horrible feelings coming at me like a train going at top speed.  You would think that getting good news would make me happy !!
Anyway, I took a trip to doc and she is changing my meds and have an appointment with my therapist next Monday.  Today has been a good day so far, been opening my toolbox and trying to deal with those horrible feelings. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fighting
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:36:42 AM »
Everybody has setbacks. First thing to remember. It is during these times we have to try and dig that little bit deeper. Waiting for test results is never a good thing. Majority of people would be on edge. Now you have them. You are all clear. That is a great thing. It is fine to cry from time to time too. Let everything we are holding in, out. Set it all free. But then we have to begin to steady that ship again. Take a look at how good you had been doing. That is what you can do again. You just have to believe in yourself. You learned a lot during those CBT days. Use what you know works best for you. Get back to were you were. It can be done. You just need a little lift in your life. That lift should have been the test results been all clear. Should have used that to bounce back. But see your therapist and I am sure you will be back to doing good again before long.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: