Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Elevated lymphocytes: CLL worry  (Read 119 times)

Offline giddygoat

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Elevated lymphocytes: CLL worry
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:46:34 AM »
I'm new here and I hope someone can help put my mind at rest.  Whilst I've always been a very positive/optimistic person, health concerns have become a real issue for me, and I get very stressed about any blood test results which are slightly askew - reading others' posts, I know this is a common issue here.  My particular concern at the moment is that my husband had elevated lymphocytes at a routine blood test a month ago - 4.7 (range: 1.0-4.0).  The Practice Nurse was not concerned, she said it could be a minor infection or something, and it was not much over the normal range anyway - if it was anything to worry about, she said it would be way higher, and there would be discrepancies with his other blood test results, which there weren't.  He had a repeat test last week and his lymphocyte count is now very slightly down (4.6), but still above normal.  All other results are still normal.  He is healthy and has no symptoms.  Am I worrying about nothing?

By way of background, I think my anxiety over his health started nearly two years ago:  he was unwell following a flu-type virus, and had anaemia, swellings in his hands and feet, various random rashes, some lymph node swelling.  Following blood tests our GP suspected Lupus and prescribed steroids, and referred him to a Rheumatologist.  The steroids were very effective, the symptoms went away after a couple of weeks (and have not come back), and fortunately his blood results returned to normal - the Rheumatologist happily concluded it had been a severe post-viral episode.  I think this scared me though, and I have been anxious about his, and my own, health ever since.  I come from what is basically a cancer-riddled family, but up to that point we (me and my husband) enjoyed very good health and I had not really given health issues much thought, now it seems to be an ever-present worry - anything like this rogue test result sends me in to a tailspin, I become totally preoccupied with it, Google everything and anything, feel sick and weak  :( how do I get out of this?  Thank you for reading this and any input would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: