Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Relapsing is the worst.  (Read 112 times)

Offline kheim3

• Rec's: 0
  • Hello darlings
    • Poke This Member
Relapsing is the worst.
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »
I just wanted to see if anyone else feels how I do.  As my medication starts to work a little more and I feel more like myself for little chunks of time, I find myself almost wishing it wasn't.  It's like, when I'm anxious all the time I know it's there and I forget what it's like to feel normal.  Then when I feel like my old self again and then crash (as happened today when a financial trigger shot me down from a HUGE high point) I feel worse than ever because I can remember what it's like to be really happy and "normal".  I recognize the fact that I'm not the same "must do everything perfectly right away" person I was, but even getting back to a happy medium is awful because I know I'll slip again and it just gets worse each time.  It's a mixture of depression and anxiety and this awful cycle...  Like I said, I'm just curious if anyone feels the same way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Relapsing is the worst.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 05:49:15 AM »
I think a setback makes us feel like we have let ourselves down. We can be hard on ourselves. Critical of things we do. But setbacks do happen to us all. They always will. Once we accept this and learn to deal with a setback, as in never to dwell on it and learn to keep moving forward, it does get a whole lot easier on us. Never blame yourself for a setback. Tell yourself you are still a strong person and dig that bit deeper and get yourself back on track once more. We are born fighters. It is what we do best.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: