Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Sudden SFI worry again  (Read 144 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sudden SFI worry again
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:29:54 PM »
I'm sorry for posting again, but I have yet another worry.  I now believe that I have Sporadic Fatal Insomnia.  I got about 7.5 hours of sleep on Saturday night, although I fell asleep at around 12:00 a.m. and got up at around 7:15-7:30.  Anyway, last night though worried me because I couldn't fall asleep until around 1:30, and got up at around 6:00-6:15 this morning.

I have a headache now, and my heart rate feels raised and I feel anxious.  I had this fear about 2 years ago, and it was surfacing and going away during that time.  I am terrified because I also suddenly have had pretty bad memory troubles and I just feel off.  I am still able to hold a conversation, but I don't feel 100%.  I did read an article about a teenager developing this disease (which was posted by someone on this forum), and that scares me - since I'm 20.  I have read the stories about the people who have had this and I would rather just not go through it.  I'm scared, worried and anxious altogether...please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sudden SFI worry again
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:37:16 PM »
Wow, I had to google that one.  In 2005, only 9 people worldwide had been diagnosed.  I would say you have a better chance of being elected President of US and winning the lottery in the same year.

Bookmark and Share

Online aardvark

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »
The odds of contracting SFI are 437,500,000-to-1 against. The disease presents with a number of symptoms, of which insomnia is only one (and often not the first to appear); one night's bad sleep certainly does not indicate any possibility of suffering from it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 09:36:20 AM »
Well I eventually got a full night sleep the night after my bad night of sleep.

However, last night once again, I was not able to fall asleep until 1:00 this morning, and I got up at 6:15.  The problem is that I am NOT tired at all.  I usually am tired around 9:00 at night and pass out easily.  But for some reason, I am not tired at all when it's already 10:00, and then I can't fall asleep because I'm not tired.  That's what worries me, is that I'm not tired, and it'll already be 12:30 or 1:00 in the morning.  I don't have any caffeine before bed or even in the afternoon, nothing that would keep me up.

I just hope it's not SFI.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: