Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Think i may be developing anxiety  (Read 167 times)

Offline pto

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Think i may be developing anxiety
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:03:21 PM »
Found the forum when googling symptoms ive been feeling, seems all of them lead to anxiety.

Question is is it uncommon to develop it later on? Im 23 and up until 2 months ago had no history. Seems everyone i know with anxiety has had it for years since very young.

I have gone through changes in work, home and financial life very fast which has triggered stress greatly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Think i may be developing anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:46:30 PM »
Hi PTO...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made ten meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

To address your question, anxiety/panic attacks/depression, know no bounds in regard to age.  You will find individuals of all ages here on the forum..  My major symptoms began at the age of 56, and I am 61 now.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, PTO.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline matt j

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 11:44:24 PM »
Yes you can develop anxiety post childhood.   I am 35 and only had symptoms start six months ago also due to major life changes.   What symptoms are you having?
Bookmark and Share

Offline blaa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »
I'm 31 and my main symptoms started only last year, tension headaches, muscle pain, chest pain and then a full on panic attack.  My trigger was mainly money, sick kids and partner working away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pto

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
Yes you can develop anxiety post childhood.   I am 35 and only had symptoms start six months ago also due to major life changes.   What symptoms are you having?

Sudden weakness, shortness of breath.
heart palpitations. neck pain.
Just went through abdominal pain and constipation for no real reason, learned this may be linked to anxiety too.
Thoughts seem to overwhelm me sometimes and keep mind racing.
Sometimes a clenched throat.
Ill be 100% one minute, start feeling a bunch of symptoms the next, and then suddenly back to normal.

Seems strange to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline electric_monk

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
I'm 38 and didn't have what I'd call clinical anxiety until about ten years ago. I was always a little high-strung before that, but when we had kids it really went through the roof. I've struggled with it off and on (mostly on) since then.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: