Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Annual Physical=White Coat Syndrome  (Read 334 times)

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Annual Physical=White Coat Syndrome
« on: March 31, 2014, 02:11:28 PM »
So, I went to the doctor this morning for my yearly physical (which I hadn't had in two years?), which makes me very nervous.  I always ask the nurse to wait a few minutes before she checks my blood pressure, and it was good! 110/70!  My heart rate was up a little, in the 90's though.  For whatever reason my doctors office does a standard mental health questionnaire (they gave it to my husband too, last month at his physical)  and mine showed mild depression.  My doctor discussed going back on Celexa again---for my anxiety too; I thought about it for a minute, and I said ok, although I hate meds. so much.  I'm not afraid of the side effects, I just prefer going the natural route, that is just how I am.  But I'm going to give it a go.

Also, the back pain I have been having (muscular) that I thought was maybe fibromyalgia----my doctor is checking my vitamin D to see if that could be causing it.

My doctors office usually calls the next day with the blood test results (she checked my cholesterol etc.) and I hate waiting, and hearing the results, I just get so nervous.  My cholesterol was ok last time though, what are the odds it's gotten bad since?  I am such a Nervous Nellie...any words of advice? Thank You So Much! :)
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Annual Physical=White Coat Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:09:36 PM »
Hi CarrieAnn...

I know that you take good care of yourself and your family, with smart eating habits, exercise and such.  So I would say that the odds are way in your favor that all your blood work is going to come back 100% normal.

Like you, I have "white-coat syndrome", too...  LOL! :laugh3:  My blood pressure is always very high in the doctor's office, so when I have an appointment coming up, I take it randomly at home for a week or two, and show him my results.  Your blood pressure of 110/70 is fantastic, especially for being in a doctor's office.

Be good to yourself tonight...  Make yourself a nice cup of chamomile tea, put your feet up, and read a good bood, and tomorrow will be here before you know it, and all those perfect lab results will be yours!

The very, very best to you, CarrieAnn!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 08:18:05 AM »
carrie anne  where does your back hurt? I am having back pain and thinking the worst and am going to the Dr today. I am afraid they will want to run a lot of test. I know it feels muscular too. at times my back feels sore in places and sometimes my neck hurts. my pain is in my upper back and shoulder. I feel your blood test will be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:50:25 AM »
Thanks for your responses :)  Forever Young, my back pain is in the mid to upper, with some pain all around to my left rib cage.  I don't think it's anything serious though.  I even wonder if it's my mattress; our mattress is fairly new, but it has developed two 'craters' where my husband and I lay.  And I sleep on my right side a lot, so I think the dip in my mattress with it's lack of support is affecting the muscles on my left side.

Still waiting for the my test results, but I've told myself, I am worried because I am anxious, not because there is something wrong---that seemed to calm me down a little :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
thanks for your reply. I went to the Dr today for my back. yours sounds a lot like mine. It moves around some but will mostly be upper back around shoulder blade then sometimes around my rib cage. she said it was muscle tension. I am very tensed in my upper shoulders and neck too. she wanted me to do physical therapy but I am not sure about my insurance paying it. I feel a little better was getting really nervous about it. I am on celexa I take 20 mg was wondering if I needed to up it. at times I feel pretty good. when I am not worrying about it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: