Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: POLL: BFS ... please respond. I would like to see how we all relate.  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Tnfarmgirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: POLL: BFS ... please respond. I would like to see how we all relate.
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 08:49:51 AM »
I have had BFs for over 12years..started as a little twitch in my thumb and within a week I was twitching everywhere..I would try to answer all your question but I am on my phone so it is hard to copy and paste the questions...I have had an EMG and MRI..both normal..Lyme was legative..some exercises but not daily..average balanced diet..I stil twitch, daily..but I really dont notice it anymore
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »
1. Did BFS happen after infection and describe infection (norovirus, adenovirus, flu, lymes disease, gastroenteritis, etc).
After a bout of Epstein Barr
2. How long after infection before symptoms occurred? Did you notice any weird rashes before it occurred, or acne type lesions like folliculitis on your spine or back?
No rash, acne, etc.  Symptoms began right away
3. How long have you had BFS for?
14 years
4. Are you athletic and how many days per week do you work out?
I was a college athlete.  This happened my senior year.  I now exercise once a week, but feel very achy (like when you have the flu) most of the time I do.
5. Are you on a high protein diet? Or do you consume more meat, vegetables, fruits vs bread and pasta?
Trying no Gluten
6. Are you on any SSRIs or SSNIs/etc and what are they? (zoloft, buspar, xanax, prozac, etc).
Yes, Lexapro
7. Have you had brain MRI and EMG? Have you been tested for lymes? Everything negative? So now you are left with no advice on how to make it stop?
No.  Never been tested.
8. Any diagnosed co-existing health conditions?
Nothing Diagnosed...although I think I have everything.
9. What parts of your body fasciculate the most? Is it below the knees or elsewhere? How often is it, is it all day long?
Biceps, Abs, Knees, Hands
10. When do you notice it is worse?
When I am nervous

I should add I have been trying yoga...and it is quite funny because in some poses my body quivers and shakes like a wet dog.  Like I said I have had this for 14 years and it is more of a pain in the butt than something debilitating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 07:05:11 AM »
Thanks everyone! I DEFINITELY think permanent fasciculations are brought on by exercise, but there are no studies to my knowledge in humans of this. Doctors, for the most part, are not putting 2 and 2 together that those that suffer from fasciculations... the fasciculations started during periods of heavy exercise.
So what causes the fasciculations? Likely it would be from cycling acetocholine throughout the body, because that cycles throughout everyone's body after exercise.
I have read an old study I found on rats and extreme exercise and acetocholine receptors, and guess what, extreme exercise permanently destroyed their acetocholine receptors. So they did not have any difference in quality of life, but if they were humans, I bet you they would have fasciculations.
Well I plan on going back to school within the next year and I want to go into research/microbiology/health/writing in some way...
So I will study this if so.
I have other studies going on just based upon answers from strangers.
That's what I do, I ask lots of questions, then look for any similarities, then tie it all together.
Nobody else is doing that so I might as well start it up!!!
So, BFS should not be something to fear. It should actually be looked at as a sign of being in good health, more than your average person that sits around all day and is a couch potato.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 07:08:16 AM »
woops typo lol ^acetylcholine
Bookmark and Share

Tags: