Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Finally Have The "Buzzing in my foot like a cell phone" feeling you all had  (Read 230 times)

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
A lot of y'all mentioned a vibrating feeling like a cell phone buzzing in one foot. I finally know what you're all talking about! I've been getting it a couple times each day the last 3 days. What does this mean if anything? Just another anxiety manifestation?
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
As far as I can tell it's just your nerves going haywire from anxiety. My neurologist didn't seem concerned at all when I mentioned it to him.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just had to share that I have had this happen to me over 15 years.  It's like you describe feeling like a cell phone buzzing. I also describe like a little motor vibrating in my foot and  (sometimes both!)  It scared me when it first happen and it went on for months.  I finally went to a neruo dr. and was put thru all the tests for ms and everything was fine.  But the buzz persisted.  After many months, I realized it was something I was ingesting.  I finally figured out it was some supplements I was taking for weightloss (still not sure which ingredient it was) and also diet drinks with aspartame in them would make it start up.

I went many years avoiding any "new" supplements and still today always careful to test and observe.  My holistic dr. put me on St. John's Wort a week ago for anxiety (gee, wonder why I'm on this site to begin with... :0 )  and sure enough the next day my left foot was buzzing off and on.  It's more annoying than anything else, but realized there is something in St. John's Wort (which is weird because it's supposed to have a calming effect)  Anyway, I stopped taking it and it took about 3 days to calm down.  How crazy is that?  People think I'm nuts when I tell them about my buzzing feet!  Anyway that's my experience on it, but I also know I am very sensitive to stuff  and my central nervous system seems to be wound a little to tight!
Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety will without zero question make your nerves fire up. I remember a few months back that as I was dealing with a horrific bout of health anxiety that slowly but surely the neurological symptoms became more and more widespread. Towards the end I had every imaginable symptom thinkable. I had twitching, so much twitching, buzzing, numbness, burning, pins and needles, moving pain, feeling like lump in throat, tight chest, soreness around my upper abdomen. It was body wide. I have no question that you are dealing with an anxiety issue. In fact I have read many of your posts and I think that you are a strong candidate for BFS. www.aboutbfs.com is a great resource. I do not think you have MS or ALS. In fact I would wager my life savings on it. I can guarantee that as your anxiety fades and time passes you will see a significant reduction in all your symptoms. Your nerves are in overdrive right now and firing off all kinds of signals. Notice that there is no consistency and that they wax and wane. This is very indicative of things like anxiety or BFS and not any of the neuro nasties. I know that it is so hard to believe this, but I promise you will be ok and that as your anxiety improves so will your neurological symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: