Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared I have oral cancer  (Read 206 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared I have oral cancer
« on: March 30, 2014, 10:15:39 PM »
I will say that I have had oral lesions from time to time and they seem to go away.  Well tonight I was sitting in my room and I went to swallow saliva and the roof of my mouth started hurting.  Well I felt my tongue around the area it was hurting and I think I feel what seems to be an almost microscopic rough patch - not sure if that's the best way to put it but that's the only way I can really think of.

Anyway, I went to look in the mirror and of course I am unable to see it myself.  I don't know how long it has been there, but I was just at the dentist office about 1 week ago and nothing was said.  Well, of course I suddenly thought that it must be oral cancer.  It is at the very back of my hard palate - right before the soft palate begins.  I'm constant checking it now, and I feel tiny circular dents that go all along the center.  I don't drink or smoke but I know that I must have it.  I don't feel any lumps and from what I was able to see, the roof of my mouth seems normal.  So what is this, if anyone has any insight that would be very helpful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared I have oral cancer
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 12:14:37 AM »
I ran my tongue over the same area, and I also have the little dents.  Dentists are trained to look for suspicious lesions during an oral exam... He/she would have noticed anything odd.  Be well!
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Tags: