Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wellbutrin causing mild Comprehension problems?  (Read 111 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Wellbutrin causing mild Comprehension problems?
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »
I've been on Wellbutrin for 3 days now and I'm feeling pretty calm right now but having some comprehension problems.  When somebody says something to me I have to really think about it to understand it.  This is backing my fear of Schizophrenia, but I am also aware it could just be the Wellbutrin.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Online insights

• Rec's: 94
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wellbutrin causing mild Comprehension problems?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 11:25:42 PM »
I've been on Wellbutrin for 3 days now and I'm feeling pretty calm right now but having some comprehension problems.  When somebody says something to me I have to really think about it to understand it.  This is backing my fear of Schizophrenia, but I am also aware it could just be the Wellbutrin.

I think it's mostly the anxiety even if you're not aware of it. When we're anxious the emotion mediating parts of the brain, particularly the two amygdalae began hammering the frontal lobes, where conscious decision making occurs, with spurious alarm signals that have to be dealt with which detracts from other activity like paying attention to what is being said, and overloads the circuits between brain regions. In computer terms, it's like a 'denial of service' attack.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wellbutrin causing mild Comprehension problems?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:50:23 AM »
Thank you for your reply and all of your previous replies to my questions.   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Tags: