Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: If I knew my 30's were going to be like this, I'd have enjoyed my 20's more!  (Read 207 times)

Offline sassypink35

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey everyone!

I've struggled with anxiety in the past (it was very manageable)  but it all went down hill after I had my son 7 years ago.  When I brought him home and he cried non stop the first night- I had my first heart palpitation.   :traurig001: Years went by and during that time I was diagnosed with a vertigo disorder, with vertigo comes anxiety and anxiety makes your vertigo worse.  It's a crazy and vicious cycle.  I went through vestibular physical therapy which changed my life for the better and was dealing really well with anxiety and the vertigo.  I would only take an alprazolam as needed and I saw a therapist for a bit.

Well just over a year ago we moved across the country.  We all know moving is a major stress, my son had a horrible transition with his school...everyday he would cry when I dropped him off.  He caught up and is doing really well but this new school year has brought some challenges with his health.  He's missed over 10 days of school with viruses/colds/flu.  Of course this affected me as well because I didn't want him getting behind again.  Worrying about him all the time, dealing with the move, leaving my whole family behind...

Recently my anxiety has really taken a hold of me.  My vertigo came back with a vengeance ( I am seeing a new physical therapist for this, so that's getting worked on).  I started getting more and more anxiety symptoms- bladder issues, headaches, not sleeping, prickling/tingling everywhere.  This just sent me over the edge.  I went to the doctor and had some blood work done (check hormone levels, etc.) and everything came back normal except I was low in B12. Well I got a B12 shot (I don't think it's helped too much)  She also put me on Wellbutrin and I'm almost 4 weeks into it.  I'm still having major free floating anxiety though - really hoping the wellbutrin kicks in.  I am seeing a therapist and reading through the Anxiety and Phobias workbook.  I've downloaded some relaxation/breathing apps and I know I need to start working out regularly.  It just doesn't seem like it's getting better!!!!  I know it takes time but my stomach is so tight with the worry (hence the bladder problems).  I definitely have hypochondria- I will totally 100% admit it!  And even though my blood work came back normal I'm really tempted to seek out a neurologist for peace of mind about my prickling/tingling.  I'm pretty sure I don't have MS, Lupus or Lyme's Disease --but you know how we get- worry worry worry!!!

Anyways it's nice to read about folks going through the same thing...and my hubby is so supportive as is my mom (who went through all of this herself) but it is hard for friends who've never had this to really understand you or what you're going through. 

Has anyone done really well on Wellbutrin?  I've tried some others (zoloft, paxil, buspar) and had really bad reactions- insomnia/ loads of jittery anxiety.  My therapist said wellbutrin can sometimes take over a month before you really feel the effects.  I'm just hoping I don't keep taking it and it never gets better and I have to start over with something new.  I do take alpazolam as needed but it's not really working like it used- I think I've built up a tolerance.

Ugh- this anxiety thing is rough.   :spineyes: :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melissa509

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've never been on Wellbutrin, I had the greatest success with Paxil many many years ago, although it is the one I contribute a lot of weight gain from. I was on Lexapro for many years and now have been on Citalopram for several years.

10 years ago, I had some tingling in my left lower leg, of course being a hypochondriac I hurried up and googled what it could be and everything pointed to Multiple Sclerosis. I was terrified and made an appointment. To make a long story short. After a MRI and a spinal tap I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I have managed to live a normal life thus far and by far Anxiety and Panic is way worse than Multiple Sclerosis!! You're right anxiety is rough!

Anxiety can cause many many symptoms, I'm sure what you're experiencing is just from anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ElizabethA103

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I feel you guys. I'm a 14 year old girl who just regretted not going out more in the past if I knew this was gonna happen. It all started three months ago In January of 2014. First and second week of January I started having a different sensation in my head, headache I suppose. 2 week in, I also started breathing different. I went to take a nap, woke up and BAM... a panic attack. We called 911 and the paramedics said everything was fine. Either way we rushed to the hospital and I can honestly say I felt like I was gonna die! Palpitations, numbness, loss of hearing, cold and sweaty hands, etc. Right from there, I went downhill. I just felt SO different, it made me stress more and more which caused more Panic attacks. Now, luckily im still alive or have been diagnosed with anything life threatening. Anxiety is really beating me up. No school. I was Always a perfectionist but now I cant even manage to move. Im to the point where Im afraid of freeways because I think something will happen and the paramedics wont get there in time. New symptoms, stress, new symptoms, new stress. God bless you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassypink35

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've never been on Wellbutrin, I had the greatest success with Paxil many many years ago, although it is the one I contribute a lot of weight gain from. I was on Lexapro for many years and now have been on Citalopram for several years.

10 years ago, I had some tingling in my left lower leg, of course being a hypochondriac I hurried up and googled what it could be and everything pointed to Multiple Sclerosis. I was terrified and made an appointment. To make a long story short. After a MRI and a spinal tap I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I have managed to live a normal life thus far and by far Anxiety and Panic is way worse than Multiple Sclerosis!! You're right anxiety is rough!

Anxiety can cause many many symptoms, I'm sure what you're experiencing is just from anxiety.

So sorry about your diagnosis...but I guess it's good to know where certain symptoms are stemming from. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassypink35

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I feel you guys. I'm a 14 year old girl who just regretted not going out more in the past if I knew this was gonna happen. It all started three months ago In January of 2014. First and second week of January I started having a different sensation in my head, headache I suppose. 2 week in, I also started breathing different. I went to take a nap, woke up and BAM... a panic attack. We called 911 and the paramedics said everything was fine. Either way we rushed to the hospital and I can honestly say I felt like I was gonna die! Palpitations, numbness, loss of hearing, cold and sweaty hands, etc. Right from there, I went downhill. I just felt SO different, it made me stress more and more which caused more Panic attacks. Now, luckily im still alive or have been diagnosed with anything life threatening. Anxiety is really beating me up. No school. I was Always a perfectionist but now I cant even manage to move. Im to the point where Im afraid of freeways because I think something will happen and the paramedics wont get there in time. New symptoms, stress, new symptoms, new stress. God bless you.

Hang in there!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: