Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of lung cancer  (Read 272 times)

Offline Saliena934

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of lung cancer
« on: March 30, 2014, 07:16:30 AM »
For the past 3 weeks I keep getting new health problems and it has been making me very anxious. I have gone to the doctors and hospital many times in the past 3 weeks and all they can say is I'm fine and I should stop worrying. I have been getting pains on the left side of my chest just below my breast. I've also had a burning pain in between my shoulder blades. I have also been having a lot of gas (it feels like gas moving around my intestines) and needing to go to the toilet more frequently to empty my bowels. I'm taking iron tablets so that causes constipation anyway. Every time I go to the doctor they say there is nothing wrong with me. I have done many blood tests, general check overs, a brain mri an ECG and everything is normal but I'm scared that I may have lung cancer because of the chest pain (especially the shoulder pain because its a sign of lung cancer). They say I'm too young for it because I'm only 19 (female) but I really want to make sure that I'm not going to die. I just want them to do something like a chest X-ray because it would put me at peace of mind. The doctors say there is nothing seriously wrong with me that is going to kill me but I'm so scared that I just can't go on with my life normally. The doctor hasn't given me any answers to why this is happening. The only viable thing I've heard is acid reflux
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of lung cancer
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:39:29 AM »
Sounds like acid reflux, because of the burping and under breast bone pain. Anxiety can make it worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anna

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of lung cancer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 03:06:39 AM »
I had this fear before also. I was obsessed with this fear for a few months. From my research online, lungs don't actually have pain receptors so if this is true then the pain is referred pain and would be felt in a place like the shoulder blade and not in the actual lung itself :) do you realise that anxiety can cause your symptoms, especially something like acid reflux. I get that regularly these days. I think you should get the chest X-ray for your own peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: