Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I've never been worse, in my whole life  (Read 170 times)

Offline Daxter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've never been worse, in my whole life
« on: March 30, 2014, 02:43:07 AM »
This is to certify that I've honestly never suffered in my whole life as much as the last few days. In the run up to a pH probe I have in the pipeline, I've been asked to stop all meds - Gaviscon Advance and Mirtazapine basically - and resume as normal a diet as possible. Ever since doing so I've become the worst I've ever been. What concerns me though is that if the probe comes back clear, who's going to believe me? I've even developed symptoms I've never had before now, all of which are related to (reflux) GERD and LPR:

- A foul taste every time I burp, or simply by lying on my right side. It gets up my nose, I can feel it trickling through my throat, and it tastes like honeydew melon - not sure if that's bitter - and smells like vomit.
- A lump in the throat every time I burp.
- Liquid every time I burp. Also tastes foul.
- Heartburn and nausea. Immediately strikes when lying on right side, which never used to happen.
- More post nasal drip than ever. Worse after burping.
- Trouble swallowing my own spit.
- Constant ear "infections" and a brief burning in the nose after burping.
- Feeling full quickly
- Foul smelling flatuence
- Sheer depression.

Surely with all these grotesque symptoms alone, I qualify for surgery, even if the probe comes back clear? That foul taste reminds me of baked beans almost, but I could only get it to vanish after washing my mouth out, after that it came back the next time I burped. Burping is the reflux as far as I'm concerned, but there's no way to stop me burping, so I can't be cured - just "masked."

Even as I type this, I just burped up more foul tasting liquid. Why? Just why?! I'm sorry to sound so desperate, but this test next week could make or break me. Whether it comes back positive or negative, I'm pushing for the right to end my suffering by any means necessary. I refuse to suffer an entire lifetime with this, taking drugs that don't actually prevent damage being caused; I wouldn't wish this on the worst person in the world.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: I've never been worse, in my whole life
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 08:23:24 AM »
- A foul taste every time I burp, or simply by lying on my right side. It gets up my nose, I can feel it trickling through my throat, and it tastes like honeydew melon - not sure if that's bitter - and smells like vomit.
- A lump in the throat every time I burp.
- Liquid every time I burp. Also tastes foul.
- Heartburn and nausea. Immediately strikes when lying on right side, which never used to happen.
- More post nasal drip than ever. Worse after burping.
- Trouble swallowing my own spit.

THOSE symtpoms can be attributed to acid.   The acid is smelling bad; the lump is most likely from irritation from the acid in your throat.  When you have an irritation the body will "send" mucus to coat and protect which is why you most likely are getting post nasal drip (your body is sending a coating to your irritated throat) trouble swallowing (irritation)
Liquid burps is indigestion (probably ACID indigestion)
Heartburn and nausea always go along with BAD acid and indigestion.
Even the ear can be caused from the acid.  I have bad acid and sometimes my ear (like side of throat into ear) will burn.

Stomach problems last a long time, it gets frustrating, but they do go away.  Once your stomach lining gets irritated it takes a long time for it to get back to normal.  I don't believe you are going to need surgery, if this change of diet (back to normal diet in your case) doesn't work, they can always start you on Protonix or something.
There's various things they can do and try before they'd jump to surgery!

Feeling full quickly does come with it too.
And of course you are depressed, who WOULDN'T be dealing with that?

If they find nothing, just be happy.  IF all this is from anxiety (which I had huge problems with my stomach in 2002 from anxiety!! Close to what you are dealing with!  VERY similar!) I never got scoped - what helped me was Xanax! 
I did get a scope in 2005 because of other issues (pain for 13 months!) and there was NOTHING wrong - my stomach was "pink and healthy". So if you find out there is nothing wrong, just be happy - and see if you can get some Xanax as needed!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: