Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Possible skin cancer?  (Read 156 times)

Offline Passer24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Possible skin cancer?
« on: March 30, 2014, 02:35:29 AM »
I will start with I'm 25 years old

A month or two ago I found a small dry spot on my shoulder I'm not stranger to dry skin but fast forward to today and I notice on my other shoulder near my neck is a bigger spot that's starting to feel the same as the other shoulder.

I of course googled and am makin. An appt on Monday but could this be skin cancer? I know no one has no way of knowing that but I of course can not stop thing about it!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Possible skin cancer?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 06:35:08 AM »
Doesn't sound ANYTHING like skin cancer to me.  I'm 63 and get those old age spots and 2 kinds of pre cancerous spots.  I've had 2 moles with mild dysplasia and one that was severe dysplasia. My husband has had 31 spots including 2 surgeries for basal cell carcinoma.

The flaky dry spot you read about would be a 'sun spot' that would slowly evolve and look like a sore when it was skin cancer. The doctor may freeze this off (area where you get sun?) and that would be the end of that.  I did have a tiny spot of the flaky keratosis thing middle of the bridge of my nose. He froze it off 3 times but that was because he was being careful not to cause a scar and was hoping small bits would do. Third time (over 3 years) was the charm and the flake didn't return. I do have a tiny scar but that's my fault. I forgot about the 'wound' and scrubbed my face when I got out of the shower and tore off the scab. Makeup conceals it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
Re: Possible skin cancer?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:02:53 AM »
Is it round, white and a bit scaly? 
I had one of those on the side of my knee (found it in 1997, I just kept watching it to see if it got bigger, it didn't - then I got another one on top of my thigh, at my regular physical a few years ago I asked about it and was given a name what it was - I don't recall, it's NOTHING and common)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: