Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Remission then relapse over and over! (Desperate)  (Read 252 times)

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Remission then relapse over and over! (Desperate)
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:27:52 PM »
Its been about 6 months since the horrible anxiety/depression struck. And I'm talking horrible, lost 30 pounds from starvation in a few weeks (was already lean to begin with). When it started my doc put me on 50mg of Zoloft for a few days then 100mg of Zoloft. For a month I felt amazing, euphoric, optimistic and goal oriented. Then out of no where WHAM! It comes back at the end of the month and lasts a week or two as they up my zoloft dosage to 150 mg. Another month of feeling great and then again BAM it comes back full force worse than ever. Ive now been on 200mg for month and i was feeling great but now its back. The mornings are the absolute worst! I wake up feeling like my whole family has died. Then through out the day ill have severe mood swings. One minute ill feel horrible the next ill feel euphoric and then the next minute ill feel happy and depressed simultaneously. How is that even possible? I feel like im going insane. I just want my life back. What striked me as odd is how quickly I respond to upped dosages of Zoloft (days as opposed to weeks) and the side effects diminish after a week. So ill have a few weeks of feeling awesome then back to an absolute living hell. Do I have undiagnosed BiPolar or something? Is the Zoloft causing rapid manic depressive cycles? Please help! :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Remission then relapse over and over! (Desperate)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
I should also add that I'm experiencing altered reality. Like everything is artificial. Everything feels surreal. It's visually disturbing. (Also really bad head aches and neck pains)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:07:14 PM »
Bump
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »
Sounds like something you need consult your pdoc with.  Some of what you mention is characteristic of bipolar, from what I have read, but that is way out of my league to make a judgment on, rather your doc should be fully aware of what you have been going thru.  It may be that Zoloft is not ideal for you, or you are  fast metabolizer of it (there are genetic tests to see how well or not your liver enzymes work that are responsible for breaking down medications) or some other reason.  There is an answer though, and hopefully you have a good pdoc who can work with you to figure it out.  Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »
Unfortunately that's part of my problem. I'm only 22 and I dont have the best insurance so theres only one pdoc in my county who will see me. He's a joke. He doesn't listen to anything I have to say and makes a diagnosis based on what he sees at that moment. He also tried to prescribe me blood pressure medication with out even checking my blood pressure which has always been textbook 120/80. He says blood pressure meds will calm me down. Is this guy trying to freakin kill me? And I feel like he's just generally dismissive and stubborn which isn't comforting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevin84

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 08:30:42 PM »
I can understand where you are coming from, anxiety likes to rear its ugly head just when you think you are feeling great. I think some of what you are saying could "possibly" correlate with bi-polar, but the other sounds like good ol' anxiety. I too have suffered from what you like to say is "altered" reality but is more properly named depersonalization/derealization. It seems to show up when your body is on overload due to all the stimulation that anxiety causes, it is funny because I had one person say it is really a defense mechanism your brain uses to try to destimulate yourself.

If you feel like you are not getting what you need from your pdoc, then go to the emergency room and ask for a psychiatrist consultation, see if that will work. Just realize you are not alone in how you feel, because I sure do know that these feelings can make you feel like you are the only one who is going through it and no one else will understand...that is not true, I understand and I am sure many others do too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: