Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dealing with difficult people...  (Read 104 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Dealing with difficult people...
« on: March 29, 2014, 02:45:46 PM »
Yesterday was a bad day for my anxiety...I was on the verge of a panic attack. I was balling my eyes out but I stopped it when I realized I was panicking and couldn't breathe.  I didn't want to embarrass myself at work.  I am struggling to deal with a jerk at work.  I let him get under my skin and I often can tell when he is trying to get me worked up about things.  Sometimes I am able to stop it sometimes I am not.  Everyone knows he is a jerk including the owner of the company, but the owner is scared to fire him because "he knows to much".  He is the type of person that one minute he is in the worst mood ever and the next minute he is your best friend.  He often takes his anger out on everyone.  So this is why I was on the verge of a panic attack yesterday.  He always wants us to try and save money on stuff so I found an insert for our product that was a dollar cheaper than what he previously found so I went to tell him and he blew up at me and said I already knew that because yours doesn't have a nut and mine does and you pay a dollar extra for the nut.  I responded well I thought you just wanted to know.  I walked out of his office and he shook his head in disgust like I was ruining his day for interrupting him, even though he interrupts me while I am working all the time and I don't freak out about it.  I went back to my desk and started to cry.  Why do I try so hard at work when it's not worth it.  How do I stop this guy from making my anxiety go crazy?  Why should I want to quit my job sometimes over one person when I get along with everyone else in the company...ugh I don't know what to do :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dealing with difficult people...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 05:29:58 AM »
I would try and arrange with the boss, some sort of way, were you don't have to work with this bloke. As in I would make it clear what he is doing to you. How he is making you feel. In a sense it is a bit like bullying in the work place. In the age we live in people have stepped up to try and stop such bullying. It would be putting your boss on the spot. He is the boss after all. Either he sorts it out or you will. He would have to do something as such a thing at work is not allowed. I know there might be the fear of him sacking you. But if such a thing was to happen I would again bring up the bullying issue. Can be a bit like the race card. Only thing is you are the victim of a typical work bully. So you are not making it up. Others in work would probably side with you. Can't fire everybody. It is a simple request. To not have to deal with this bloke at all during the working day. As you feel bullied by him and it is getting to you. This is just one option. You could look for another job. Why bother when you like all the other workers. Just something to think over.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: