Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Jaw pain & common cold  (Read 52 times)

Offline Mom21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Jaw pain & common cold
« on: March 29, 2014, 01:26:17 PM »
I came down with a cold Thursday. Last night I was blowing my nose and it felt like a toothache on my lower teeth and my jaw started hurting. This is only on one side. My jaw continues to hurt today, especially when opening my mouth wide. My tooth/jaw aches even when sitting. When I bend my head forward it starts throbbing. Anyone have this happen? Wondering if it's a result of my cold, or a tooth problem, or what?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Jaw pain & common cold
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »
It could be a sinus ache. My sinus headaches affect my entire face, jaw included, and ears. I've also self diagnosed myself with TMJ. My jaw 'pops' and 'clicks' when I open my mouth too wide and eat. The aches from my jaw because it's out of whack are ridiculously painful and can feel like a toothache, and neck ache. I sometimes use ice to calm it down, or even a hot washcloth to reduce any swelling or inflammation. I might go to the clinic just to get ideas on how to manage the pain because it's so frequent.  I was concerned that it was a tooth issue until I went to the dentist and they did x-rays. Teeth are fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Jaw pain & common cold
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 02:39:33 PM »
Having a cold puts a lot of tension on the muscles in our face. It could just be residual soreness from all of the nose blowing and other effects of having a cold.

As far as it being a tooth problem, do your teeth look normal? Any redness or swelling or anything? If not, they're likely fine.

Try not to aggravate the pain by obsessing over it. See if it subsides in a couple days.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: