Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Panic attack, heart attack, same thing :)  (Read 249 times)

Offline Bunglefever

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic attack, heart attack, same thing :)
« on: March 29, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »
So in the last year I've had these incidences that I can only deduce are panic attacks because I have to drop dead. Every medical professional will tell you that there are differences between panic attacks and heart attacks. According to Docs, heart attack symptoms can last for hours on end, include pain in the chest that radiates throughout the jaw, neck, back and shoulders, sweating, nausea, vomiting, etc... panic attacks are usually a lesser duration and less severe in terms of the variety of places you feel pain. Well in my case, either I'm having heart attacks and they're not killing me or Im having some serious, SERIOUS panic attacks. I'm very active, very healthy, in the gym 5-6 days a week and have a muscular, athletic build. When I train, I feel great, no chest problems. It always happens when Im just chillin, trying to relax or in a dead sleep. Yesterday I was going to have a nice relaxing friday off, record some music, play video games etc... I was looking for an extension cord when I suddenly felt short of breath and really dizzy, then my heart started racing super fast and I felt like I as going to die. Not in a dramatic way but in a "okay, let me start saying my goodbyes in my head" type of way. I instinctively went outside in my bath robe in the hopes that if I were to fall out, maybe someone would see me and help. I ended up pacing in my drive way for about 20 mins until it subsided. The rest of the day I felt very anxious, nervous, short of breath and dizzy.

Anyone else have this extremely powerful experience and feel this incredible sense that you are knocking on heavens door?
Bookmark and Share

Online patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attack, heart attack, same thing :)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 08:06:57 AM »
Been there, done that.  Here is the good news, you don't have any issues while exercising so I'm pretty sure its a panic attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Faron79

• Rock-n-Roller!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Silly
    Silly
  • Thoughts CANNOT harm you...therefore fear cannot..
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
Yep...I've been there too!

DEFINITELY Anxiety. NO question.

I learned from my CBT/therapy that the part of the brain that causes these "FIGHT-OR-FLIGHT" spells (panic-attacks!) is called the "Amygdala". This LITERALLY where "fear & panic" start.

It's our "Out of whack THOUGHT-RESPONSES to signals FROM the Amygdala" that start most panic episodes.
This is a CRITICAL realization in CBT-therapy and recovery!!

Something to consider everyone!

Faron
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:14:12 PM »
I'm like you, training 5-6 days a week. I feared heart problems when I first started having my dizziness and managed to conjure up some chest pains to go along with it and then I told myself - "self, I am 19 years old, work out almost every day and I eat like a freaking dietitian" Then the chest pains stopped.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: