Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm worried about my relationship  (Read 334 times)

Offline Hobbit1812

• Rec's: 0
  • May the force be with you.
    • Poke This Member
I'm worried about my relationship
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:34:55 AM »
I'm scared that my gf will break up with me. Honestly when we got together I thought I would only last week but overtime I got to know her and I started to like her. After two weeks she told me I'm not like other guys she dated. She told me that she loved me and she never fell in love that fast. Idk it's been three weeks since Tuesday and Idk I suffer from anxiety and overthink things I'm scared that she's gonna break up with me.  I like her a lot and she's amazing honestly. I feel like I'm to clingy and stuff.  Also my aunts talk about how their relationships went bad because how the guy is to clingy and abusive. I have an anger problem but not that bad and I would never hit a girl because it's just wrong. Idk I'm scared. Please help!!! And one day I told her I don't want to lose because I was upset over something. I'm very worried I'm going to have panic attack I'm so worried what can do? How can I woo her.
Bookmark and Share
Live long and prosper

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm worried about my relationship
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »
So here is a girl who tells you that she loves you after only 3 weeks and your first thought is she is going to end things? They don't sound like the words of a girl who is going to end a relationship. Just give it time. You know your own weaknesses. Just be aware of them. Understand she has other friends and a life. So not every second will be spent with you. She may, at times, want to do things with her other friends. This is allowed. Just relax yourself up a bit. I have read many of your past posts in this section of the forum. Good to see you got yourself a girlfriend. I know there is a big age gap between myself and yourself. You are still a teen and you will learn as you go along. Just talk to her when you are together. Discover what she likes and what she dislikes. Then you will know what to do and what not to do. Don't over think things. Keep it simple. Let the relationship grow. Just keep doing what you have been doing till now. She did say she loved you for a reason. Must be doing something right.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »
I agree with everything Cuch said. I think what you're feeling right now is vulnerability and that can be very hard to deal with. You've opened yourself up and that can be a scary thing. However, she seems really into you. Three weeks isn't very long, and she's already told you she loves you. That's telling me that she's moving the relationship forward, not backing out.

I totally understand where you're coming from with being scared though. I think many people feel the same way, especially at the start of new relationships. Have you opened up to  her about your feelings on it? I'm not sure if you feel comfortable doing so, but I think that the best way to deal with these kinds of feelings is to be open and honest about them. She may make you feel a ton better, and being open like that will definitely make you even closer. Just a thought.

Good luck! And try to enjoy the relationship and not let worry take over :)
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline Hobbit1812

• Rec's: 0
  • May the force be with you.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
Thanks guys I really appreciate it
Well honestly I can't stop thinking about it. I'm scared and stuff. Today marks a month. Well I she really likes me she told I'm like other guys and stuff. And well on Monday we did it. But why am I still overthinking about it. I want us to last long but I'm just scared that I won't. Sorry I just tend to over think things. Hmm I've already told her how I feel about her and my anxiety over think things.
Bookmark and Share
Live long and prosper

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 10:13:42 PM »
What's her response to your worries? Does she help comfort you?

You are just scared of getting hurt.  A month isn't really long enough to feel as comfortable as you can. I think with time, you'll start to feel less uneasy with it. The relationship is still new and I think that makes it harder, especially if the relationship moves at a fast pace.

Just keep open and honest about everything. Communicate with her how you feel. I wish you lots of luck. Sounds like she cares about you a lot ;)
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 09:36:19 AM »
Age has to come into this. I am assuming you are the same age as this girl. Both of young teens. It can be a confusing age as both of you are still growing. If it is your first real experience of something like this with a girl it can be even more confusing at times. 16 is the age for crushes. Is the age for broken hearts if things do go wrong. But it's also the age for having fun. Not worrying over such things. You will many years ahead of you to worry over romance and women. So enjoy the moment. Enjoy your time together. You will both learn from the experience. Stay safe also. Put on a safety jacket if going dipping in the water.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: