Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: off of brain tumor.. back onto MS..  (Read 345 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
off of brain tumor.. back onto MS..
« on: March 29, 2014, 09:52:54 AM »
off balance for 3 1/2 + weeks, yesterday a twitching/spasm i my right lower eye lid started and has been on and off since then, and for a few days now while staring at the tv or at the computer, I notice random yellow spots in my peripheral vision up on the cieling, or around the computer etc.

Saw ENT 2 weeks ago said dizzy feeling is from anxiety, regular doctor saw 9 days ago, said dizzy feeling is from anxiety prozac and quitting cigarettes. Im not convinced.

Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: off of brain tumor.. back onto MS..
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »
Stop and look at your posts…both on the front page.  You were absolutely 100% convinced it was a brain tumor.  When everyone reassured you it wasn't, your fears moved.  That's classic anxiety!  The not believing Drs, symptoms that change…classic anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:43:01 AM »
I know you are 100 percent right about that. It sounds so classic to be anxiety lol. But why in the world am I having these 4 symptoms all in the same 4 days, 3 1/2 weeks after starting to get dizzy/off balance.

Cold spot on right cheek that comes and goes (for about a week)
Hot feeling sort of like my forehead was sunburnt then itll be gone? (yesterday)
Spasm in lower right eye lid (2 days) on and off
Strange random yellow spots/flashes in my peripheral vision to the top or to the left when on computer mostly. (a few days)

Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 03:30:33 PM »
I'm driving two hours to my fathers right now. Twitching in right eye lid again and now a spasming in left side of head in back on scalp. How can I have all of this in weeks and noot have MS or something
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 03:32:34 PM »
Tingling lightly in left hand last two fingers on tips as well
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 03:49:05 PM »
When I was on fluoxetine (prozac) I had undeniable spasms all over. It caused serious twitching, night tremors (almost like seizures, as my boyfriend put it). I wouldn't be surprised it your spasms or twitching were a side effect of your medication. It took a couple months for my side effects to be prominent.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 04:13:06 PM »
Cam I really feel this bad from anxiety and worsened anxiety and everything that is going on my life. All of these symptoms in one shot I mean I just cant figure it out. I can drive fine, I can walk the straight line, I pass all the home neurological tests, my ent and my regular doctor said I was fine.. I DONT GET IT. These sensations twitches stings spasms tightning feeling in parts of face and head the off balance, it is all REAL and there and SCARY. I want this prozac out of my system im about to go to a detox place and get it out even quicker I have no idea what to do. i cant relax, I sit here and notice every twinge in my body, i dont want to talk to anyone that is around me, i just want to sit in a room by myself and have this prozac get the hell out of me and HOPEFULLY mayb e feel back to normal. and i hope stopping cigarettes has played a role in this as well but i am scared to death this is MS or even a brain tumor I mean scaared to DEATH..... i take xanax and sometiems it helps relax me not even all the time
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 04:30:12 PM »
If going off of medication I would recommend having a doctor track your progress, because the withdrawal can be hard on you as well. Going off of prozac was hard on me, as well as being on it. Don't rush to get it out, just understand that you can have side effects from any medication, and twitching and tremors is one of them. It won't harm you, it isn't uncommon. You need to try to relax. If being alone will help you, give it a try. Remember that these symptoms are real, and they won't hurt you. They will go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 04:32:24 PM »
i was on 10 mg for 15 days and 20 mg for 6 days... and my dumb doctor told me i can go cold turkey it hasnt been long enough... now i read prozac stays in your system for a while after even if you took it for a week or for 10 years.... im hoping these side effects will all go away .. i shouldnt be feelinng like this.. i didnt know who I was on tuesday my anxiety was so bad i had very bad thoughts.. maybe if i sit in the hot tub it will help the twitching and spasms relaxing the muscles im not sure anymore
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »
It will stay in your system for a little while. It's just the way it breaks down. It won't be in your system forever. Just make sure you have a doctor to check in with before you stop taking it
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
I don't think it'll be a long time, more like a few weeks at the most. Medication isn't always right for everyone. It wasn't right for me. I was on four different types of medication before I realized that it was doing more harm than good, and I couldn't recognize myself. Sometimes therapists aren't the right pick for you, and maybe you'll need to find a new one before you have the right combination of support.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 11:08:48 PM »
Cam I really feel this bad from anxiety and worsened anxiety and everything that is going on my life. All of these symptoms in one shot I mean I just cant figure it out. I can drive fine, I can walk the straight line, I pass all the home neurological tests, my ent and my regular doctor said I was fine.. I DONT GET IT. These sensations twitches stings spasms tightning feeling in parts of face and head the off balance, it is all REAL and there and SCARY. I want this prozac out of my system im about to go to a detox place and get it out even quicker I have no idea what to do. i cant relax, I sit here and notice every twinge in my body, i dont want to talk to anyone that is around me, i just want to sit in a room by myself and have this prozac get the hell out of me and HOPEFULLY mayb e feel back to normal. and i hope stopping cigarettes has played a role in this as well but i am scared to death this is MS or even a brain tumor I mean scaared to DEATH..... i take xanax and sometiems it helps relax me not even all the time

Yes, it's real. The symptoms are absolutely real BUT the cause is benign. Anxiety can cause pain, make you feel weak, shaky, etc.  All of the symptoms you're having can be attributed to anxiety.

Did you stop the prozac cold turkey?  That can also be causing the symptoms.  SSRIs have to be tapered.  I've quit them cold turkey and it was not pleasant in the slightest.  I was dizzy, had zappy feelings in my brain, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »

Yes, it's real. The symptoms are absolutely real BUT the cause is benign. Anxiety can cause pain, make you feel weak, shaky, etc.  All of the symptoms you're having can be attributed to anxiety.

Did you stop the prozac cold turkey?  That can also be causing the symptoms.  SSRIs have to be tapered.  I've quit them cold turkey and it was not pleasant in the slightest.  I was dizzy, had zappy feelings in my brain, etc.

Yes soaring cold turkey after 3 weeks on them. My doctor said I could do that. which was kind of strange but what am I going to do....

Still feeling crappy.  tightness in my right eye now.. thinking its going to be blind or something when i wake up in the morning and that will be a real culprit of having MS or something... i am one big nut case.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 11:28:54 PM »
Unfortunately, lots of GPs don't understand the impact of discontinuing them cold turkey.  It sucks.  I would attribute a lot of what's going on to that.  It does all kinds of crappy stuff to your body.

I know how you're feeling.  During my last "episode"…I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, woke up several times a night, it was awful…had all kinds of symptoms and was convinced I was dying.  I'm back on Celexa and staying there.  I feel a lot better but still have to actively think logically to prevent the panic from taking back over.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 12:12:24 AM »
Trust your doctors. They say your fine. So don't let your mind wonder and think something different
Bookmark and Share

Tags: