Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone here believe in karma?  (Read 573 times)

Offline CNikki

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone here believe in karma?
« on: March 29, 2014, 03:13:51 AM »
Karma being that what ever good you do in your life, that energy reflects back and you're given good things back in any shape or form. Same when it comes to doing bad and giving as well as receiving bad. As the saying goes 'what goes around comes around'.

I believe in it for many reasons but it seems like it could either be that I don't do any good to someone or for something and then bad events come along. Then when a good event or two comes along, a trail of bad things just come rushing in to ruin everything. I've noticed this happening again recently and now I think it's effecting those around me since nothing but bad has happened and now we're unsure of what to do. Just over for one or two good things that I even found to be grateful for and then all of this just happens right after and there's more being lost than what has even been gained - including those good things. It just seems off to me and while aware of it I'm seeing the pattern. :/
Bookmark and Share
I'm too weak to live, I'm too weak to die.

Offline mongkeyking

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone here believe in karma?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 01:21:14 PM »
 :yes: Yes, I believe it's true.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CNikki

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:30:28 AM »
If it really is then it's just biting me in the butt big time. :/ I really do not know what future I'm even having for myself at this point. It's not like there really are much of options to begin with. I want to sleep my life away at certain points.
Bookmark and Share
I'm too weak to live, I'm too weak to die.

Offline Anastasia

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:55:20 PM »
I believe in Karma. What goes around comes around.  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline flyaway

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 02:03:08 AM »
I don't believe that the universe or whatever creates karma, it's more believing that if you treat people poorly it will come back to you because no one is going to have your back when you need them.  You'll get to a point where you've burned all your bridges and you're all alone.

Then again sometimes I wonder if this anxiety is punishment for something.  I don't know what I could have done to deserve this  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »
I believe strongly in karma. I think what you put out onto others and into life in general will determine what you get back. I know I've definitely had karma come back to me numerous times. The "what goes around comes around"  line is something I believe in. I feel if we treat others how we want to be treated, and put out positive energy, we can feel that positivity within ourselves and just feel better about life. Some days are harder than others, but I think generally, this is a very real thing.
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline Cheesus

• Rec's: 34
  • Ha-Hum
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 10:53:40 AM »
Much like flyaway, I do not think it is a cosmic thing or anything like that. I strongly believe, however, that you reap what you sew. Whether that be in thoughts, actions, relationships, intentions or whatever, good or bad you get back whatever you put in. Of course there is an element of randomness to it all as well :)
Bookmark and Share
You can't calm the waves, but you can learn to surf!

Basis of Recovery
Intrusive Thoughts
A Philosophy of Anxiety

Offline camel

• Rec's: 83
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »

Then again sometimes I wonder if this anxiety is punishment for something.  I don't know what I could have done to deserve this  :(

Slightly off topic but I wanted to respond to this. I see bad things as opportunities to fix something in my life or to learn something from it. If we can find one positive out of a bad situation then it isn't all bad. In my example if I had not had an anxiety disorder then my life would have taken a very different path. I would be in a career that I did really want to be in; I would likely have still been with someone who was not right for me; I would not have learned so much about myself and others. Basically I would not be where I am today and I am so very happy where I am now :D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cheesus

• Rec's: 34
  • Ha-Hum
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 04:13:35 AM »
Slightly off topic but I wanted to respond to this. I see bad things as opportunities to fix something in my life or to learn something from it. If we can find one positive out of a bad situation then it isn't all bad. In my example if I had not had an anxiety disorder then my life would have taken a very different path. I would be in a career that I did really want to be in; I would likely have still been with someone who was not right for me; I would not have learned so much about myself and others. Basically I would not be where I am today and I am so very happy where I am now :D

Out of the mud blooms the lotus.
Bookmark and Share
You can't calm the waves, but you can learn to surf!

Basis of Recovery
Intrusive Thoughts
A Philosophy of Anxiety

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 12:47:14 AM »
I believe strongly in karma. I think what you put out onto others and into life in general will determine what you get back. I know I've definitely had karma come back to me numerous times. The "what goes around comes around"  line is something I believe in. I feel if we treat others how we want to be treated, and put out positive energy, we can feel that positivity within ourselves and just feel better about life. Some days are harder than others, but I think generally, this is a very real thing.
I would have said the same, I do believe in karma this way!  :sign0169:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline LuLu82

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 03:58:27 PM »
yes I have thought many times over the last while with my Panic disorder that I was a serial killer in a past life.
sorry for the self pity but i really feel i must have been an evil person in another life to be in this hell.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bodhi

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 11:37:32 AM »
Yes I believe in Karma and it explains allot to me.

For instance:

If bad people have so much prosperity it is because at one time they had good karma, then they got arrogant and are now sewing bad karma that has yet to catch up with them. Think of these financial managers who spend their life building up a good reputation, get greedy, and then ruin it all.

Or, some extremely good people live in terrible conditions and are unhealthy. Its because they are still reaping previous bad karma, but they have learned and are now sewing good karma that will eventually manifest as blessings in their life.

Truly blessed people have been sewing and reaping good karma for a long time, and all the bad karma has been exhausted. At the extreme of this you have Saints and Monks.

To me this explains all the mystery behind why "Life isn't fair". It actually is fair based on karma, we just can't see the entire picture, especially because karma is said to be spread over many lifetimes.

Karma is also why we should not compare ourselves to others and be envious. Our only business needs to be sewing good karma, and the blessings we want will eventually come.

For me I am the second case. I still am suffering from my previous anger, arrogance and irresponsibility.

However, now I follow the basic teaching of Buddha on a daily basis: don't do evil, do good and purify the mind.

Since doing that I am experiencing a stability like I have never had in my life and I am very optimistic, even though I am still experiencing difficulties from my previous actions.

So I think understanding Karma is very useful to calming my anxiety of the future. If you do good each day, avoid unethical behavior, and do things to quiet/straighten out your mind (meditation, TEA forms, exercise, etc.)... then tomorrow will take care of itself.

Bookmark and Share
Buddhism 5 Minute Introduction: http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/5minbud.htm

Offline Kissa

• I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
I can't even count the number of times that I have thought "I must have done something horribly wrong in a past life for me to deserve this." I try to put out good karma everyday, even if it is only making a friend smile. I just wish I knew what it was that I did so that I could try and rectify the situation.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline TakeMeToTheKeys

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 08:17:51 PM »
I am not sure that I believe in karma but I hope it does. I try to behave as if it does and try to do as much good as possible.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: