Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone else get this with anxiety?  (Read 219 times)

Offline kaycass14

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone else get this with anxiety?
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »
Hello everyone!

So I have been battling this "ear" thing for almost 8 months. First it was just "fluid", then it was my "sinuses", then an "ear infection" and the latest I am being diagnosed is Labrinthytis with mild onsets of BPV. They gave me Betahistine and it seems to help my vertigo go away and I have been taking it for about 2 weeks. I stopped taking it yesterday because I felt 100% better.  I have been having alot of stress attacks & anxiety lately, and today after a HUGE stress attack, the vertigo came back, pressure inside my face & my ear and I felt dizzy again!! Could this all be because of anxiety? I have literally done EVERYTHING about this dizzy- blood tests to make sure Im not anemic/diabetic/thyroid issues, been to the eye doctor and there has been no changes in prescription, been to the dentist and they even scanned my head and all looks good but I get these spells of wicked vertigo. I am relating alot of it to potential "non diagnosed" allergies (Yes- I have hopped aboard the "Gluten Free" train)- but could anxiety be causing all these problems with my ear/head? I have read enough articles on here, and Google (I know- dont Google) and I am 98% sure I do NOT have a tumour in my head. Just curious if anyone has any insight or similar "attacks"/symptoms? I am kinda getting sick of running to the doctor for more meds.
Bookmark and Share
Love & Light <3

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone else get this with anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »
I have had dizziness and vertigo on and off all my life really , and I have always thought it was anxiety ....maybe its something else but whatever it is it must not be too serious....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melissa509

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:02:37 PM »
I have vertigo a lot when my allergies flare up. I keep decongestant and Dramamine on hand. Anxiety can take a minor symptom and make it 1000 times worse!
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:05:04 PM »
If BPPV is suspected, you should have the Epley Maneuver done by an ENT. Quick painless procedure done in the office, check it out on youtube. I had BPPV, that vertigo is NO joke!! The BPPV went away as soon as I had the Epley (6 year ago - touch wood!).
Bookmark and Share

Offline kaycass14

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »
I am thinking that is what alot of this is. I've tried deconjestants, allergy meds and all that jazz. Generally I can "feel" when Im stressed out and it always seems to make me dizzy. I was responding to another post on here about someone with the same kind of problems (HURRAY IM NOT ALONE!) and someone mentioned that when you clench your jaw (from stress/anxiety)it causes tension and makes your ear very unhappy. Something to think about :yes: or maybe I am just crazy  :spineyes: haha! And I had some kind of maneuver done on me in the ER- they laid me down, and tipped my head at a 45 degree angle and then turned my  head and IMMEDIATLEY the room was spinning. I will have to look it up and see- I've looked into BPPV and it seems pretty harmless- just annoying. And trust me- nothing is more annoying than being on a merry go round 24/7 haha! Thanks for all the responses! <3
Bookmark and Share
Love & Light <3

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 11:25:07 PM »
If they did the maneuver and it brought on vertigo then you most likely have BPPV.  Mine was so bad I had nystagmus (my eyes jerked back and forth) with every episode, I would get so nauseous - I was afraid to drive.  If yours isn't that bad then maybe it will eventually go away on it's own.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kaycass14

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 01:10:11 AM »
So I  made a booboo and I googled/youtubed BPPV and it took me to the "Dark Side" of Auto Immune Disorders...eek! I have sensetivities to gluten & dairy and I have alot of "symptoms" that match up to those sensetivities as well. I was watching a YouTube video of a "doctor" talking about BPPV or Meneire's Disease...they are- as he says- pretty close in symptoms but only one of them is attacking you. Cool. So now Im all freaked out I could have an auto immune disease- even something like celiacs- that is causing me to have all these problems with veritgo & ear pain. The logical part of me says "No, calm down. You are fine." but the anxiety is telling me "No, Youtube told you you have an auto immune disease- it must be true. What else could it be?" On the same side as my problem ear- my eye always feels strange too. Like it...lags is the only word. I know this is a sign of BPPV but Im not even sure I want to get this tested or not. I am getting bored of the run- around and almost feel like I have a giant binder full of "symptoms" and "No Results Found". So- that is where I am sitting. Anxiety is a heartless witch. :P
Bookmark and Share
Love & Light <3

Tags: