Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Test Results  (Read 176 times)

Offline halesy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Test Results
« on: March 28, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »
Hi guys

So i've been doing okay with my HA but now something is really bothering me (my mom keeps bugging me about it, which is making it really bad...)

SO i had an MRI done about a month ago. It was ordered by the optamology department of my local hospital because they were investigating my slightly enlarged optic nerves (as well as some headaches i had been having). They said they'd send the results to my family doctor.

Now, i still haven't heard anything. I live in Toronto, canada, and i know a lot of doctors have the "no news is good news" policy but i've also heard many people say that their doctor has contacted them just to say that everything was normal. I'm also having a really hard time getting an appointment with  my family doctor and they don't give out anything over the phone.

Lately i've just forgotten about it and my headaches have pretty much gone away so i haven't worried about it. I also saw another optamologist (was referred by the same one who ordered my MRI) who said my optic nerves weren't enlarged enough to be a real cause of concern. So i assumed the MRI must be clear.

But now my mom is really on my butt about getting the results, and she's kind of planted a seed of doubt. Would a doctor really just not call if everything was normal? Why do some call and some don't :(
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Test Results
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
NOTHING being wrong could go either way with them calling or not. (I guess it just depends on your doctor)   If something WERE wrong, they'd absolutely call! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Test Results
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »
I agree with Sunlover.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: