Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: If you read this, I could use your advice.  (Read 182 times)

Offline Zakschuetz

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
If you read this, I could use your advice.
« on: March 28, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »
A friend of mine has asked for my help. Her boyfriend is going through some serious issues. He is acting extremely suicidal, and cuts himself periodically. As you can imagine, this is very emotional for her as she feels helpless and nothing she says seems to help. He has already told his parents, and is taking medication and talking to a counselor. His issues still persist. I was just wondering if anyone could share any advice on how to help her through this emotional time.. She loves him a lot and is very upset about this. I'm looking for advice not only to help him, but to help her. I'm not the best at giving advice and i guess i could use advice for giving advice lol. Any comments help. Thanks :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: If you read this, I could use your advice.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 08:14:52 AM »
This is very tough, indeed. He may need a different therapist and more effective medication. If she can stay with him it will be good for both. However, it is a terrible situation when we find ourself responsible for the tenuous life of another.

She needs to understand that she is not responsible for his awful problem. Perhaps she can suggest to him to get better help.
Bookmark and Share