Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: A Bit Depressed...  (Read 119 times)

Offline Sailormoonjf

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A Bit Depressed...
« on: March 27, 2014, 08:46:08 PM »
It seems whenever I convince myself something is anxiety related, something new and terrifying develops.  Sometimes I feel like my brain is punishing me for something.  I don't understand why I keep developing all of these different sensations.  It's so tiring and annoying.  Today I was able to curb my panic attacks, and yet tonight I went on the internet to look at a "symptom" and have myself all nervous.  For some reason all day today I've been excessively thirsty.  I could attribute this to the fact that I've been working out far more lately, but no, my instant thought was, "There's a tumor in my Hypothalamus that is altering my requirement of liquids."  And then I went on the internet, found out it's a symptom of Diabetes, so I quickly searched for other symptoms... Sometimes I think I should just quit using the internet and live life the pre-google way.

To make things worse, I am currently trying to find a new job (right now I'm a adjunct instructor of Philosophy).  Who knew someone with anxiety issues would have trouble being a teacher... Sometimes I think this is what actually made my anxiety worse; this is why I actually put in my resignation this past week.  I have other jobs lined up, but I still have seven weeks of teaching left and none of the jobs are 100%.  I just want my life to feel as normal as other's looks.  How is it other people in the world can wake up in the world without a care, and yet people like us wake up to worry, dread, anxiety and despair on a daily basis?  I stand in line at the grocery store and wonder how everyone can look so calm while internally I'm battling not running out of the damn place. 

I'm just so tired of it all.  Can I please be normal now?

Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: A Bit Depressed...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »
Ditto ! to everything you jsut said took the words right out of my mouth ......when is it our turn to be relaxed and happy ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:59:08 AM »
As people with hypochondria we can be relaxed and happy any time we want.  We've created our own prison here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »
As people with hypochondria we can be relaxed and happy any time we want. We've created our own prison here.

I don't believe this. I think if it were an issue of sheer willpower many of us wouldn't be here.  I know I have gone to so many great lengths to cope with HA- medications, supplements, exercise, "calming thoughts," counseling, avoidance... nothing is a permanent fix. It isn't a choice any more than any "real" disease is a choice. I have started imposing "no google" weeks, where if I want to look up a symptom I have to wait a whole week and then decide if I still want to look it up. Sometimes it works because the symptom will be gone in a week.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 12:12:23 PM »
I know exactly how you feel.  I know I'm depressed at this point.  If I didn't have to be taking care of my son right now I'd be in bed crying.  All I want to do is be able to ENJOY the day with him instead of constantly fighting symptoms and counting down the hours, minutes, and seconds, until my husband gets home.  It's not fair to have to live like this.  I fear that I will never find the "cure" for me.  I will never be able to let go of the worry that something is wrong with my  heart and a heart attack is right around the corner. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: