Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why do I feel so anxious even when there's nothing to be anxious about?!?!  (Read 314 times)

Offline WalkingByFaith

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ugh. I posted the other day about my uterine cancer fear well I went to the gyno and he said it is definitely something hormonal and doesn't sound anything like cancer so HOORAY right?! Wrong. I'm still freaking out for some reason. I feel so anxious and jittery for some reason...like a foreboding feeling...like something bad is going to happen any second? I have had no appetite all day and just feel strange. I went to apply for a job today and found out I had lost my license so I couldn't apply and my first thought was "What if God wanted me to lose my license because he knows I have cancer so I won't be able to work anyway" what the heck?!?!?! Why am I thinking this way?! Why do I feel so jittery and anxious?!

Another issue I've been having for a while that I haven't told anyone is my irrational fear that everything (drinks wise) could be poisoned? I get so paranoid about this that I have to pour out my drink a lot!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Zearth

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Having a feeling of dread is a very NORMAL and COMMON side effect of Anxiety. It doesn't need to be connected to anything, it's a sticky awful affliction and doesn't go away easily. So is loss of appetite, I have that myself, and need to set eating reminders half the time. This is all your mind playing tricks, I promise.

I want you to take a long deep breath, and trust me; You losing your license has nothing to do with anything, it's a coincidence. Nothing more, and no reflection on your state or your health. You're thinking this way just because you're feeling anxious and that can have a very real chemical impact on your body. It's your mind playing tricks, don't let it. Share your feelings with your friends and loved ones, in my personal experience, this helps a great deal.

If you're worried about drinks, try to ask yourself why you think this way. Really think about it, critically. Why would these be poisoned? Who could possibly do that? Nobody. You're safe. If it's really bad, than for now, drink stuff that's been bottled. But please try to keep an open mind. I know that's hard, but it'll be worth it.

You'll be fine, your worries are understandable, and you aren't alone. Try to do something that makes you happy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline electric_monk

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Mrs. Bailey, I know exactly how you feel. I too often feel panicked for absolutely no reason. I describe it as if all the alarms are going off, but there's no fire. I wish I could tell you how to prevent it, but I can't, but please know that you aren't the only one who feels this way.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: