Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I want all your input on MS question.  (Read 295 times)

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I want all your input on MS question.
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
I was wondering if people can help me decipher some things about MS and neurological conditions. I REFUSE TO GOOGLE SYMPTOMS. I have done that and it lead me down the pathway of horrid health anxiety. It started last August for me with a numb foot, that would end up moving to the body. Low back pain, shoulder pain, numbness in fingers, numbness in side of face. I was convinced I had MS. I had MRI's. I went to three neurologists. I went to physical therapists. Nothing seemed to help. Finally by start of January things cleared up. It was absolute hell. Prior to this I was EXTREMELY active. I was hiking, climbing, biking, and lots of distance running. Doing something daily. Some doctors believed it was related to this. As things started to clear up I would start to run again and things would flare up a little again. So I'd back off and things would settle down. WELL it's back!!! I am back to the pins and needles and burning and pain and twitching in limbs and also burning in low back/butt and shoulders. Accompanied with pain. NOW.... THE REAL QUESTION

Is it possible if it was MS, and I am having a "flare-up" that it would move around. That I would have tingles for a minute and leave, then come back for a minute and leave. Or would it be more constant? It also changes based on if I am sitting or standing. Would that matter with MS. I would love any insight people have into this. It would mean the world. I WILL NOT GOOGLE. I WILL NOT GOOGLE.

KC
Bookmark and Share

Offline starburst

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I want all your input on MS question.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:53:26 PM »
unfortunately, I doubt anyone on this forum would have the expertise on that subject unless they themselves have MS. I too would be curious about the answer. But as you said, we can't keep googling symptoms as it leads down a dark path. Best bet is to speak to one of the neurologists you've dealt with. They will have much more experience with MS and will hopefully be able to give you the answers you seek.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:29:04 PM »
Years ago my HA was all about MS. I was CONVINCED I had it. My symptoms were like yours always changing and moving from place to place.  From what I understand, MS is not like that at all. I eventually moved past the MS scare and haven't had those symptoms since, the mind is so powerful. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:59:45 PM »
I'm not convinced that my symptoms are all anxiety. I think that anxiety makes things worse and flare up things, but I am never anxious when things arise, and I am very active, so unsure it that is why or if it could be something like MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 02:15:28 PM »
It can't be MS. Relax ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »
Ha, I must know why it can't be MS?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 02:49:43 PM »
Your first "flare up" couldn't be MS because you did MRI and it ruled out MS, so, this can't be your second flare up it would have to be the first one. Your symptoms are not even close to MS, because you have feelings when you sit and not when you stand up, or whatever the order is. You would have them both ways with MS.

I rest my case :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Utahguy I can sure relate to your concern. I have had  neurological symptoms on and off for a very long time and have had many tests which have all come back normal. I am not sure that I have a lot to add to this post, but I just wanted you to know that I can relate to your situation. I have had a prickly skin sensation in both of my legs on and off for quite a while, accompanied by surges through my chest that feel like adrenaline.

I can tell you this much, I do not have MS, and from what you are describing it doesn't sound like you do either.

Here is to both of us feeling better soon.

Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 09:16:27 PM »
Green- have you ever had symptoms let up for a good period of time and then return?? Also please help chime in. I find myself a mess tonight that this has to be a flare up from MS. I can't much function. Stayed home from school tonight. Had a slight panic moment. I'm sure that there is nothing that can cause head to toe neurological concerns besides MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »
Utah, my symptoms have disappeared for 2 years at a time. The last bout returned when I was really stressed out, but, truly it can leave any time. I know how depressing it can be. Really your symptoms don't sound like MS, and you've been told that it isn't. Try to address your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 09:49:19 PM »
I had a horrific 2 weeks of dizzy spells in february 2011 and lexapro made them worse... they went away ... 3 weeks ago, i had dizzy spells that have been here and my prozac have intensified them..... i get random tingling , numb spots on scalp, on face, on arms, bug crawling feelings on my face, i have had cold spots on my skin etc.....

i think we would have loss of vision, falling over, serious things if it was MS but I dont google so I dont know... I never had an MRI im toa fraid... but my doctors never recommend any further evaluation when i tell them my symptoms.. who knows! im just hoping the dizziness hits the bricks in a few days....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 10:05:18 PM »
I worry of MS or Parkinsons, ALS.    MRIs in 2010 and 2012 didn't mention MS.  Could it have started since then?  I'm 58
Bad HA lately.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Tags: