Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm able to sleep now!  (Read 618 times)

Offline EmmanuelGonzo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm able to sleep now!
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:17:10 AM »
For the past 3 years by anxiety had been building up into an unimaginable tower or doom.  For the past year I've been only getting like 2 hours of sleep per night that included at least 1 nocturnal panic attack that caused me to wake up with bad heart palpitations, and looking at the mirror I can tell that it took a toll on me .  But I fought my anxiety with all my strength.  I forgave everyone who caused me grief, I tried to laugh everyday, I exercised, etc..  And finally I'm able to sleep and I couldn't be happier  :traurig001: I still regularly get nocturnal panic attacks but I"ve gotten to the point where I realize that A: it's temporary, B: I already know how it feels, C: I've gotten so used to them that I can get rid of the panic feeling in under a minute.  It's become a non-issue with me and I've been so happy.  I know there is a chance of relapse, but I know that I can get through it again.  And I owe most of my thanks to here AZ.
It gets better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 8damien8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm able to sleep now!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
As someone that is struggling with insomnia/anxiety right now, I was very happy to read your post.

I'm in the middle of my battle right now, and I hope one day soon, I'll be posting a message like yours :)

Be well :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline alexthegreat98

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 03:04:52 PM »
Tell me about your nocturnal panick attacks. I might be able help.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline 8damien8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
Tell me about your nocturnal panick attacks. I might be able help.....

Not sure I would consider them panic attacks.

I'm just nervous about not being able to sleep, and having to take the Zopiclone.

I've tried going a night without, and I literally toss all night. No sleep at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Rec's: 1
  • They don't think it be like it is but it do.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 03:41:07 AM »
This is an amazing post. Thank you so much for giving us hope when we struggle. I'm so glad you were able to achieve peace!
Bookmark and Share
In the scheme of things it doesn't matter much.~

Offline CNikki

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 01:50:00 AM »
Congratulations on controlling the attacks and improving your life. :) I should probably start taking notes since I've yet to actually get myself into a normal sleeping schedule. :'D
Bookmark and Share
I'm too weak to live, I'm too weak to die.

Offline Ringil

• Lost Cat
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Ringil & The 3 Mouseketeers
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
There is an OTC product called MIDNITE, inexpensive, and I've had great luck with it. Both to get to sleep and to go back to sleep if you wake up during the night. Tastes good too! It's $7.50 for 30 tabs at Walmart.
Product DescriptionMidNite contains a patented blend of natural sleep ingredients that is highly safe, effective and not habit forming. MidNite is the only sleep remedy that is made to be taken at any time - even in the middle of the night - with no morning grogginess. MidNite's pleasant tasting chewable tablets can be taken without water so you can keep MidNite by your bed and take it at any time of night. MidNite is equally effective in helping you to initally fall asleep quickly as it is at getting you back to sleep should you awaken in the night. Unlike most sleep drugs, MidNite is not a sedative. It does not work by knocking you out, but rather by jump starting your natural sleep mechanism so your sleep is restful and follows normal rhythms.

Quote is from manufacturer but I agree with their claims and many other people have had good luck as well.
Bookmark and Share
Anything I post is an opinion© and not necessarily a fact™. I've often benefitted from anecdotal guidance. Your mileage may vary.

Offline Alecia6

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 05:36:23 AM »
I really needed to hear this tonight.
I am in the middle of going through this..and it makes me feel not so hopeless reading this, knowing it can be okay.
Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: