Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Appendicitis?!  (Read 312 times)

Offline funnybunny

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Appendicitis?!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 10:11:55 PM »
Yeah, most of the people I knew who got appendicitis were between 10 - 18. Doctor said it was more common in kids, too but had seen cases up to age 30. Adults (30+) can get it but it's not as common. Plus, adults are more vocal/aware of symptoms so usually they end up in the hospital well before it ruptures.

As for gallstones, I haz them. I have a family history of the suckers. I am not dead and I modified my diet and started running and eating a bit better so now they don't bother me - I actually don't even know if they're still there. I fully expect to have to have my gallbladder out eventually (probably if I ever have kids) but I'm not worried about it currently. Again, if you have an issue, you'll know it. My mother had gallstones and she turned yellow and started crying and screaming from pain (and this woman gave birth to three kids naturally). She got it out in a very simple surgery and is still alive today.  :happy0151: So even if you had gallstones, most of the time they won't bug you, and they can be dealt with, and if they can't, the surgery is easy. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 10:17:38 PM »
That's actually a big relief, even though it's not like concrete evidence I won't get it.  Weird how that stuff works.

I have no family history of that, that I know of.  My general family health is actually pretty great, especially on my mother's side, if you don't count a heart attack.  Basically anything that involves a surgery freaks me out.  I think it's the IV thing I can't stand the thought of, or loss of control, I don't know the roof of it.  I'm glad to hear the stones don't bother you!  Do you happen to know what caused them?
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 08:03:26 AM »
Yes! I have a familial history of EVERYONE on my mother's side who is a female having gallbladder issues, and for a long time when anxious I would eat tons of bad carbs and processed fats. I think I broke my gallbladder, haha. Anyway, now I try to eat better and it doesn't bother me at all anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 01:36:16 PM »
Ah, I figured it might be that.  Yea, when I'm down, it seems the only thing my jaw will unclench for is fast food, which is terrible.  I've been forcing myself to turn to fish this time around so at least that has good things in it and isn't smothered in grease.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: