Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ugh, please help.  (Read 142 times)

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ugh, please help.
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:52:01 PM »
I'm so tired of this. I just called the walk in clinic and the very rude receptionist told me that if the ENT hasn't called me to book an appointment yet it's fine. She didn't even take my name to see if the referal had been sent in. The dizziness and ear pain is back again - guess what guys? It went away for like a week and a half! It was a great week and a half. Then the dizziness (positional vertigo) came back yesterday and today it's accompanied with ear pain and sensitivity to loud noises. All on my right side. I don't even care that it's happening anymore I just want to know why. What kind of ear problem does this, goes away for a week or two and comes back. (This is the second time it's gone away and comes back)  :traurig001: Does anyone out there have any idea what this could be, I'm losing my mind
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ugh, please help.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:50:42 PM »
Could be a sinus infection but the fact that it goes away and comes back sounds more likely that its anxiety related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »
No it's really not anxiety related, I know it's an ear problem. Anxiety doesn't make your hearing go out. ENT phoned with an appointment for JULY which means I have to deal with this on my own, basically. So if anyone actually knows what kind of ear problem this could be so I can figure out what to do it would really help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:51:37 PM »
Could it be wax buildup in the ear?  I know that I get that sometimes where I can't hear much at all in one ear.  Or I'll get a ringing sound. 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »
No, the doctor at the walk in looked in my ear and said everything looked ok so he'd refer me to an ENT. The dizziness went away for a week and now it's back again
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 08:11:11 PM »
Hmmm.....that really stinks that you can't get in any sooner than July.  Geez!

Can you maybe get into a different ENT sooner?   
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »
I don't think you can get into one without a referral and that's where they referred me. I just don't know what to do. I'm starting to get scared it's something more than an ear issue even though all signs point that way
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 08:42:03 PM »
Did a Dr verify it was an ear problem or is it your anxiety telling you that you know?  I'm not trying to be snarky but anxiety can cause a million different symptoms. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 10:15:22 PM »
That kind of stuff happens to me when I get the occasional ear infection. And then I think it gets better, and it comes back. I get ear drops from my doctor and wham, bam, I'm good as gold again. Last time it was bad and I had the dizziness, I had fluid in my inner ear and that was a gross time...with a lot of antibiotics and ear drops, too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything