Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Serious Question, Does Body-Wide Twitching prove it's not MS?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Serious Question, Does Body-Wide Twitching prove it's not MS?
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 10:19:29 PM »
Yes, there is no doubt in my mind. You are having this problem from fatigued overworked muscles... you definitely need to re-hydrate and also I would say in the meantime stretch and breathing would help spread oxygen to the muscles, kind of like yoga, that has good reparative properties to help your muscles heal. Twitching is not a symptom of MS. People with MS that have twitching would have major damage first as in not being able to walk, going blind for a few days, severe spasms, dropping things, falling, then they would probably start to feel lots of pins and needles as the myelin sheath is destroyed exposing the nerve and then when that dies then they would have twitching spasms and phantom feelings i would think. Also, i noticed people with MS get really bad sloppy handwriting before they are diagnosed. From poor muscle control i am thinking. Try taking a warm bath daily for the next week or so to help those muscles get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Yes, someday you will die. But first will you live?
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 10:28:43 PM »
I have been taking hot bath's frequently actually. Mainly because the warm steam helps my sinuses (it's my allergy season). I don't feel as though I'm overworking my muscles though, no more than in the past any how. Is it just the anxiety in that case? I do get the pins an needles sometimes. And my handwriting - it sucks to begin with so that's clearly not going to be any kind of indicator for me! Haha
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 05:48:52 AM »
No you were definitely overworking your muscles during the heavy workout season even though you did not feel it, now they are repairing themselves. Are you taking medicine for your sinuses? I do not believe anxiety to cause twitching. I think that is bull and a poor excuse made up on the internet. I think the twitching/fasciculations start for a basic simple reason and THEN when the person starts to focus on it that is when the anxiety develops, then the person is looking for it, waiting for it, starting to think of possible causes of it, stuff like that. Pins and needles are normal. That is not like the electric type shock feeling of when your nerves are being attacked. You know, my fasciculations started I think either from the zoloft or they started also during a period of when i was eating a high protein, low carb diet along with lifting weights and exercising. That combo i guess did me in lol. This seems to be very common amongst athletic people. Maybe because they get that normal lactic acid reaction after a workout and start paying attention to it thinking they have MS or ALS and also athletic people are more prone to being dehydrated, electrolyte imbalances, low sodium, extreme dieting and not enough carbs, tired muscles... all this stuff can lead to benign PVCs in my opinion and these benign fasciculations. If your sinuses are bothering you, this is also telling me you need more fluids, hence mild dehydration, hence the twitching and muscles repairing themselves
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:53 AM »
So you don't believe that my fear of MS and ALS and thinking about twitching so much is actually CAUSING the twitching? I never used to get twitches like this before my anxiety, and after workouts I almost never had them. No matter how hard I worked.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
Did you get my PM?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: