Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Something very interesting I am noticing  (Read 236 times)

Offline crosbie87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Something very interesting I am noticing
« on: March 26, 2014, 11:45:07 AM »
I have been plagued with tons of different symptoms from my HA in the last 2 years. This includes being light headed, nauseous, stomach discomfort, gas, acid reflux,  skin rash, headaches, frequent urination, chest pains. I have gone through all these symptoms at different times, with periods where I was fine and didnít have anything. Now I cannot go back 2 years ago and remember what triggered my HA each time, but the last 2 times have been VERY interesting and wanted to share with everyone.

In February of this year I remember one day at my desk sitting there and all of a sudden feeling a rush to my head followed by a light headed feeling. This was my FIRST HA symptom 2 years ago and immediately I started to panic and say to myself ďoh my god, not again. I thought I was done with thisĒ. This got me right away into a panic/anxious state and started dwelling about it and remembering 2 years ago when I was feeling light headed and sometimes nauseous. Well .. guess what ... I started feeling nauseous that day and since then up until now I have on/off nausea that goes away at night but effects me on/off during the day.

This month, I was also at my desk and for some odd reason placed my hand on my chest, left side. It felt very sore and started to panic. I started pressing it all the time and started to think it was something with my heart. Later that day, I started to actually feel chest pains (not touching my chest), again on/off and started to really worry that I was having some heart problems. The original area that was sore went away as it seemed to have been caused by an ingrown hair ....  but  guess what .... the chest pain (when not touching) lasted for about 2 weeks ... It eventually went away a few days ago.

This is all to say that we get triggered by something and create something bigger that isnít really there. In my case, I started thinking about nausea and got it and also started thinking i had a heart problem and started getting a pain. I really donít think itís a coincidence that timing was right spot on with when I started thinking I had a problem.

Any of you ever experience something like this ???? It is really crazy what the mind can do and I hope some of you read my story and relate to it. It might just make you realize that your symptoms are nothing to be worried about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Something very interesting I am noticing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
No one has any comments on this ? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 01:46:23 PM »
I have been like this my entire life (15 years old).  But I just realized it recently which is scaring the cap out of me that I'm bipolar or something.  The physical symptoms you describe are the worst too.  I always felt like I was swaying back and forth and dizzy.  Made me think u was dying and my doctor couldn't find anything.  I've been going to a psychologist though and I'm feeling some what better.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »
Well that is exactly what makes the symptoms consistent or worse, when you start thinking something is medically wrong with you. The more you think it and the more you concentrate on it, the worse it is. I have learned that when you finally really convince yourself that it's just anxiety, the symptoms disappear. It has happened to me already on 5 or 6 occasions .. but regardless each time i get a new symptom i obsess about it anyways even though I know not to do so ....... weird
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:23:47 PM »
Yeah, I know how that works.  The thing I fear is becoming happy again and not worrying.  I'm not sure if you know how Bipolar works but, typically it's months if depression and months of Mania.  I'm not sure if I'm just happy or Manic.  It's plaguing me, recently I can't worry about it as much as I used to even if I try.  Which is really starting to scare me.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »
I wish other ppl. gave their opinions here and experiences ... would really help. I feel this is a very interesting topic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »
As do I.  I think people are to focused on the actual thinking some things wrong part of this and not what's causing it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
I have been going thru the same thing since May of last year. I had went off my medicine and I had the weirdest feeling I ever had. I have since had all kinds of aches and pains. I am having upper back and shoulder pain off and on for a few months. it cause me great anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MikeyD123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »
Right now, very annoyingly I'm at a stage where I have 3 main fears and those are heart attack, being spiked and having an allergic reaction to anything. As you may guess this has a bad effect on my life as I am 16 nearly 17 and I am stopping leaving my house because I am scared, although I think in my head, "how can I be feeling allergic to something i eat/drink" everyday. So I think to elaborate on your point i feel like when i start to worry about something it definantlt gets worse like my allergic reaction for example, I'm not scared i have a rash or sneeze its that I'll go into anifalactic shock (something my baby sister had at a very young age it basically stops you from breathing from swelling of the throat) and now if its hard to swallow once thats it, I'm having an extreme reaction and I need to phone a loved one or talk to one in person, sorry if i sidetracked just sharing my experience of how much of an effect your brain can have on the "symptoms" making you stress out!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »
Yep, exactly!!  I would love to know what sets it off.  My therapist says that it just happens.  That the fear pathways are so deep in the brain and sometimes we don't know what sets it off.  One day I'll feel a twinge and be just fine and the next it's something sinister.  That's one of the worst parts for me, that it can strike whenever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »
Yup AND you don't need to particularly feel anxious to have the symptoms. When a symptom comes and goes it's a pretty good indication it's just anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: