Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: High anxiety, breast ultrasound in 1 week  (Read 187 times)

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
High anxiety, breast ultrasound in 1 week
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:59:14 AM »
I know I posted before, but as the time ticks by I am starting to feel more nervous about finding out what is in my breast lump. The family doctor said it's likely just a cyst, and only booked an ultrasound as he said he didn't think I need a mammo.

I just want to live. I have been exercising as a means of showing my body I want to live, I have a 2 year old and want more children soon, and I am getting married this year. So many wonderful things that I feel are hanging in the balance waiting for reassurance that this breast lump is nothing.

I find it hard to distract myself. My right breast is definitely bigger than my left, I can feel it sagging in my bra. I know that's a bad sign. It doesn't get sore right now much, but gets very sensitive before my period. And I have discharge from both nipples- however I think that is ok since I just stopped breastfeeding a year ago and only if I squeeze.

I wish this was all over and I was past this. I'm really really scared :( I keep having bad dreams at night because of it.
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: High anxiety, breast ultrasound in 1 week
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 11:44:42 AM »
I have a tumor. And my procedure to take it out is not until MAY. May! I have high anxiety about it too. I also have a two year old and we were trying for more kids. I just want to live too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline confunded

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 01:56:49 PM »
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I can only imagine how terrified you are. And you have to wait until May?! Why so long? What country are you in?

I am sending peace to you through the digital world. Xo!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alecia6

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 02:06:21 PM »
I went through this exact same thing not even a month ago.
My left breast was very sore though, and my nipple was becoming inverted and there was a small lump.
I was extremely anxious the week before my ultrasound. It didn't help that the doctor told me straight out that they had to make sure that all of my signs weren't cancer.
 I wish I could give you excellent advice on how I handled it, but to be honest..I white knuckled it all the way through.
I did get my results back though, and there is no cancer, though all of my symptoms were caused from  hormone issues, which apparently something the doctor says is quite common amongst younger women.
I wish you all the best, please keep us informed on how it went. I don't know you, but I know exactly what you're going through, and I'll be thinking of you.
I remember when I was dealing with it that I felt so alone and more scared because if that feeling.(((hugs))).
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »
I am in the US. There is no rush on the procedure and only one doctor in the area does this procedure. I could gt a second opinion but by then it will be May. If there is a cancellation I will get in sooner. :) good news is there is no rush so.
Bookmark and Share

Offline confunded

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 04:00:54 PM »
I went through this exact same thing not even a month ago.
My left breast was very sore though, and my nipple was becoming inverted and there was a small lump.
I was extremely anxious the week before my ultrasound. It didn't help that the doctor told me straight out that they had to make sure that all of my signs weren't cancer.
 I wish I could give you excellent advice on how I handled it, but to be honest..I white knuckled it all the way through.
I did get my results back though, and there is no cancer, though all of my symptoms were caused from  hormone issues, which apparently something the doctor says is quite common amongst younger women.
I wish you all the best, please keep us informed on how it went. I don't know you, but I know exactly what you're going through, and I'll be thinking of you.
I remember when I was dealing with it that I felt so alone and more scared because if that feeling.(((hugs))).

Interestingly I said to my GP I wondered if it was hormonal, as I get cramps for 2 weeks prior to my period and none during.

I appreciate you telling me your story! It helps me feel more relaxed. I feel guilty I waited a few months but I wanted to see if it would go away. Sadly it hasn't, but I am hoping it is nothing so I may continue on my merry way. I'm fortunate that my GP takes me seriously. I am very happy for you that it is nothing serious!

The wait is the worst part. My mom has the same thing in her right breast as well, and it has turned out to be cysts. So I'm hoping for the same as I am only 27!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: