Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: wonder if anyone could help  (Read 112 times)

Offline ryan2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
wonder if anyone could help
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:18:31 AM »
hi not posted in a while on here but anyway for the last two months have had a tight chest on the left side and also like someone is pressing on the middle of my chest as well but in the last few days i have been getting a tight feeling where my stomach is to i have a feeling its just anxiety as ive worried about so many different things to do with my health and been to the doctors so many times and been told since im only 21 very unlikely i have anything wrong with me but i guess i just want some re sureness that it is just my anxiety as when i first wake up im totally fine its just seems like im always thinking about it and checking how my chest and stomach feels plus i dont think it helps that i lost my job so have loads of time on my hands so yeah if anyone can help thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: wonder if anyone could help
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
It sounds like anxiety. I have gone to the doctor several times because of similar symptoms, had full cardio done, just to have them say I'm perfectly healthy.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline Faron79

• Rock-n-Roller!
  • Mood: Mischievous
    Mischievous
  • Thoughts CANNOT harm you...therefore fear cannot..
    • Poke This Member
Re: wonder if anyone could help
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:55:29 PM »
Well...the FIRST clue that it's anxiety is the simple fact that no one...NO ONE...has heart-attack symptoms for MONTHS!

That's just simple FACT.

So then...what is there REALLY to be afraid of???

The more you invent/imagine things, the more your mind will run with it.
Why? Because it's your brains' "fight-or-flight" programming kicking-in.
It's SO EASY for the brain to "run wild" with all kinds of thoughts & imagined pains, etc.

It's automatic. Anxiety is nothing more...AT ITS ROOT...than this simple realization.

It's MUCH harder to coldly look something in the face, and say "There's nothing happening here."
Once you believe that simple premise...anxiety will start to crumble away.
CBT helped me to confront my goofed-up thought processes that led to worry & anxiety.

(wow! I'm kinda starting to sound like Morpheus here... :spineyes:! Forgive me!)

Faron
Bookmark and Share

Tags: