Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: floaters and circles in vision  (Read 240 times)

Offline perc19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
floaters and circles in vision
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:46:29 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone help me, I do have floaters in my eyes, sometimes I can ignore them, other times I can't. Sometimes I see them when I look at white walls, the sky and can also see them when looking at my wooden flooring - is that normal????

The other thing that is worrying me, is that I sometimes have this small dark circle appear and disappear in my left eye. When I looked up at the sky this morning, the same circle appeared but it had a red outline and the colour of the sky in the middle!

Are these circles appearing normal??

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: floaters and circles in vision
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:05:14 AM »
Sure it's normal (well normal for people who are nearsighted, not normal like everyone is born with eye floaters!  LOL!).   I have to keep blinking and shifting my eyes just to read anything on this screen - I look through a whole WEB of floaters!  The circle also could be some type of floater.  If I told you all the colors, shapes, flashes, distorted color vision, etc I have they'd have to shut this site down because I'd overwhelm it with too many words!  Always see an eyedoctor for any new weirdness though just to make sure there is no tear starting in the retina.  (the vitreous pulls on the retina and that's what causes ALL that weird stuff - but if it pulls too hard it can create a tear (easily fixed though these days with a lazer zap.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:54:51 AM »
Yeah perc floaters are normal.  When ever I look at the sky or here at work when I look at my monitor or florescent lights.  I see an eye Dr every year and she doesn't seemed concerned so I try not to worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 09:08:04 AM »
I'm glad you asked the question because I was thinking about asking it myself. 

I get floaters all the time.  I'm constantly blinking to try to move them or I find myself trying to follow them and they always move out of vision.

I'm glad to hear it's a normal thing.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone help me, I do have floaters in my eyes, sometimes I can ignore them, other times I can't. Sometimes I see them when I look at white walls, the sky and can also see them when looking at my wooden flooring - is that normal????

The other thing that is worrying me, is that I sometimes have this small dark circle appear and disappear in my left eye. When I looked up at the sky this morning, the same circle appeared but it had a red outline and the colour of the sky in the middle!

Are these circles appearing normal??

Thanks

They are completely normal, especially if you are near sighted. (:
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
Thank you for all your replys.

I am not too worried about the floaty things, but I am worried about the circles I have seen - the outer red one and the black one and they have sent me in a frenzy today - do you all think these circles are ok???

Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »
If its temporary and doesn't cause too much disturbance just bring it up next time you see your eye doctor.  Are you diabetic or have a family history of eye problems?
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »
I've had floaters for as long as I can remember. I had my eyes dilated so the eye Dr. could get a good look. He said it was fine. I would get checked out by your eye dr. for the latest circle, just in case and you ease your mind, but I bet it's nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: