Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about near accident  (Read 88 times)

Offline laurenm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about near accident
« on: March 26, 2014, 12:30:43 AM »
I've been using this site to help me for a while so would first like to thank everyone. This can be such an isolating affliction and it means a lot to know I'm not exactly alone.

I was in a cab tonight (no partition) and he was cruising through a parking lot. A car surprised him (I didn't exactly see what happened) and he SLAMMED on the brakes. I slid forward in my seat (no seatbelt), a water bottle next to me went flying, and I screamed. I didn't hit anything, but am not obsessed and worried about injuries from sudden deceleration (yes, I Googled and as usual it just made things worse). My head feels weird, my neck and shoulders feel weird, but of course that could be from the worry, fear, and stress.

Has anyone has something similar happen or know about this subject? Thank you!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about near accident
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 07:04:41 AM »
Next time wear a seat belt. Most important thing of all. If you didn't hit anything and you felt no instant pain I would say it might just be the stress of thinking back over it. Normal injuries are whiplash. But you would feel that straight away. That would take a little bit more than what happened. Once you hit nothing at the time, as in your head, off anything, I would put it down to stress and googling. Don't be looking things up. That will only make things worse. I think you know that by now. I am sure things will clear up for you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue