Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Exercising during a severe dp episode....  (Read 165 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Exercising during a severe dp episode....
« on: March 25, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
Most bizarre freakin thing ever. Anyone do this, if your gonna panic this will set it off lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline Paws

• The Fabulous
  • Kitties!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Exercising during a severe dp episode....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:57:26 PM »
I'd love to hear more details on that :P I exercised during anxiety episodes and almost got DP. It was pretty freaking weird and everything in my body told me to stop, but I didn;t. My 'trainer' ( who's actually a friend ) told me to lay down on the bench to relax when I told him I'm too fatigued to keep going and DANG, my neck felt so tense and strange. Now I know what the corelation between tense muscles and anxiety is :p.
Bookmark and Share
Work hard, and slack harder.

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:59:34 PM »
Yeah idk how to describe it, I suffer from depersonalization, not derealization. So when I get anxious everything doesn't get all surreal looking anymore, it basically feels like I'm looking at my body from the outside. Today I was doing curls and it was like my arms were weightless feeling, very strange. When it happens it causes like this " mini panic attack", almost like the beginning of one. I hate that my anxiety interferes with working out. I went from being built like a brick ***** house to like nothing over the course of a year. Almost all my muscle mass is gone. Went from eating 3,000 calories a day back then to now having to force myself to get up and eat something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 12:21:40 AM »
If you feel really tense from anxiety and workout, be careful, it's a lot easier to pull something. I have to go get x rays of my spine and back from it. Listen to your body, my lat muscle feels like it is about to slide off the bone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 12:25:32 AM »
That and I smashed my face and head about 7 times over the past month, is another reason why I'm getting the x ray, one of them was a head compression, the 2 doozies were dropping a 45lb dumbell on my skull and smaking my temple on the corner of the shower rack. Just be careful, listen to your body when your feeling real tense and exercising.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: