Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ladies - PMS and GAD?  (Read 331 times)

Offline cnelson8611

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ladies - PMS and GAD?
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
Hi there,

So this is probably a ladies only topic: Has anyone noticed that PMS makes your anxiety worse?

This is something I've been mentally keeping track of for four years ever since a counselor mentioned PMDD to me. Whether it's just PMS or the more extreme form PMDD, I have noticed a remarkable change in my anxiety during "the time of the month". Around 10-14 days (ovulation period), I tend to be more anxious, less creative, and more prone to triggers. A few days before my period, it gets worse.

In extreme cases, usually when I'm stressed or depressed, I find that I have scary intrusive thoughts during this time that just tear me down more.

Anyone else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline gigi14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ladies - PMS and GAD?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:06:40 PM »
Hey there soooo glad you mentioned this...the last year I have also noticed that around my period week or 2 before my anxiety is so much worse to the point I have meltdowns and at the time cant cope and feel just so panicked and upset it seems there is no way out but after a few hours im ok again until next time its so strange guessing its the hormones acting :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mungojerry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
Hey there...I also have that problem. It's less than two weeks before my period and I feel drained, irritated and depressed than before. Must have something to do with the hormones! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
Pretty much what the previous comments said...the week before my period definitely sees an increase in my anxiety but now that I am on meds it is very manageable.  Still annoying, but nothing more than an inconvenience.  Hormones are a pain!  ( I have informed my hubby that next lifetime I want us to be reincarnated as gay guys...we will have twice the style and I''ll save a ton on bras and tampax!)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: