Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Breathing Trouble  (Read 226 times)

Offline xtranxious

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Breathing Trouble
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:36:51 AM »
Hey everyone,

I haven't posted in a bit.  I was doing alright for a while then yesterday at work I felt strange.  Like I just lost my breath.  Its hard to describe...it was like all of a sudden I took ta breath for the first time.  Then of course I panicked.  I was at work and began doin laps around the office.  I felt like if I didnt move my body would shut down and I would die.  I've all but convinced myself I have some kind of heart condition that is causing this.  I am waiting on a bunch of results from the cardiologist and have and appointment on Thursday.  It was supposed to be today but the office called and rescheduled.  I keep telling myself if my heart was an issue he would have called right away.  Any thoughts, advice?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breathing Trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:37:01 AM »
My guess would be the results of these tests playing on your mind. Because you suspect it might be something worse, when a small thing happened your brain took over and made it into something much bigger than it really was. Waiting around for test results can do all sorts of things to us. Every little twinge is something worse. Though really it is not. Just try and remain calm until you get the results back. They might help lower your stress levels.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline xtranxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:30:24 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Did I mention I will be getting on a plane for the first time Sunday and ive always been deathly afraid of flying.  Im not that worried abt the tests coming back showing something major.  I just hope that when it comes back clear im not going to keep thinking something is wrong.  My breathing is irritating me.  It is that kind of breath you take when you are crying a lot and it is sort of stuttered, if that makes sense.
Bookmark and Share

Offline solidnickel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 05:21:18 AM »
My first experience with breathing problems was around the age of 7 and they did return one other time but are completely alleviated now and I am 39. At the age of 7, I broke a blue ink pen in my mouth  :( This kid told me I was going to be 6 feet under; i asked him what he meant by that, he said under the ground as in dead. I started to worry and when getting home told my step mother,  she had as symptoms book and one of the symptoms of ink poisoning was shortness of breath. Its funny how I developed this shortness of breath shortly after hearing her read that in the book. That night, I started fixating on my breathing and I felt like I was not getting enough air into my lungs, I began to feel sick in the stomach and honestly If I would have been older probably would have had a panic attack! I don't think its possible to have a panic attack at that age (panic stages usually start in early 20's)

So for the next month or 2, I had this nervous sick feeling in school, on the bus, at home; its followed me every where. I prayed to God every night to help me. I felt like I could not breath or I was short on breath. Then one day on the bus, I saw this fat kid and the reason I say fat is not to be disrespectful or funny but the honest truth is I could see his stomach moving. I noticed his stomach was moving slow in and out, it was at that moment that I realized I was fine; it was like a miracle sent to me from God! I was cured, the problem was I was trying to take a deep breath every time and while you can fill your lungs up more at times, you can not do it every time so I obviously worried about it until I saw this fat kid breathing. Usually anxiety starts with a culprit when younger then as you get older, it can start up with just stress, no culprit. So distinguishing the difference can be very difficult when young because you may think that the weather, location or environment is causing you to panic when its actually stress. You can get stressed out by thinking negatively or about something bad happening so eliminating the stress gets even harder. You can kinda see my point right? How you can get lost in a circle?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 05:47:48 AM »
You can kinda see my point right? How you can get lost in a circle?

It's called Positive Feedback.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Stampede_loop.png <--- Like this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: