Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Swallowing chicken bone?  (Read 133 times)

Offline Parky94

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Swallowing chicken bone?
« on: March 24, 2014, 03:11:44 PM »
Hi guys, i just had a meal with chicken on the bone, the chicken was a bit dry and quite hard to swallow at times. Now i'm worried i may have somehow swallowed a piece of chicken bone! Does anyone know any obvious symptoms of swallowing a chicken bone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swallowing chicken bone?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
Nothing to be worried about. It's like swallowing fish bones which is more common. As long as it went down, which it clearly did, you are fine :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Parky94

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:11:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Its been 4 hours now and i've been belching incredibly since i finished the food and feel bloated! Could this be caused by the added spices i used in the meal? D: If i did in fact swallow any piece of bone, if it was small enough to not feel it on the way down, it wouldn't be big enough to cause any harm on the other end would it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
If you didn't even FEEL it go down it can't cause a problem.  .  My daughter swallowed a little plastic tile (one half inch x one half inch) as a toddler.   I called the doctor and he said it will just pass out with the stool, as long as she isn't coughing.   So if you aren't coughing, it will pass out with your stool.  Burping, feeling full, etc has absolutely NOTHING to do with swallowing a foreign object.  If you did swallow it your body would create mucus around it to protect you, then it will pass out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Parky94

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 07:32:33 PM »
Thank you for the reply Sunlover, i was coughing shortly after but i think that is my bodies way of making me worry. Whenever i get anxious regarding food i cough for a while after but that has since subsided. I'm going to contribute the bloating and burping to the extra spice i used in the meal, there was quite a lot to be fair.

Thanks again for the reply it has brought me to ease for the night hopefully!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: