Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: L'hermitte sign  (Read 140 times)

Offline Chappen

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
L'hermitte sign
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:42 AM »
Hi,

It all started in autumn 2012 with a stiff neck. 2 month later i started to feel buzzings in my limbs and a lot of twitches so i went to the doc and told him about my symptoms.
He checked my reflexes and took some blood tests but did not find anything wrong except for brisk reflexes in my knees. In April 2013 i started to get numb spots on different parts of my body, and I also noticed that my muscles began to tremor after exercise. I started googling my symptoms and you all know what you'll find if you search for "twitches" and "numb"!!!! I called my doc and said I either have ALS or MS. and he said what? and laughed. I was so stressed that I could barely talk. I started to tell him about my new symptoms and demanded that I would see a neurologist as soon as possible! Okay okay, calm down now he said. I will send a referral to a neurologist so that you get a detailed examination. I continued my googling and became more and more sure that I had one of these diseases. I read about something called lhermittes sign and BANG!!! As soon as i bend my head forward I get buzzing/tightening sensation on various part of my body. I can feel it in my leg one day and the day after in my fingers or toes. I have no electrical radiates in my spine or something like that, just a buzzing and a strange tightening sensation in diffrent muscles???
Now it was finally time to meet the neurologist. She did some various examinations but could not find any evidence of any neurolgis disease. However, since I experienced L'hermitt sign (my point of view) she ordered an MRI of the entire spine and some blood tests. She also said she will do an EMG to calm my nerves. A month later i got my results from my EMG examination and it looked really good, no signs of adverse neurological diseases.
A week later i got my results from MRI. She told me that i have spondylosis/bonespurs in my neck on the vertebra C6-C7 and a trapped nerv. Aaaa ok i said, is it because of that i twitch and have strange feeling when I bend my head forward and some numb spot from time to time? No she says you dont get widespred twitching because of spondylosis you have something we call BFS! Ok i said, what is that? and she replied benign muscle fasciculations.

Is there anyone in here who can relate to what I experience when I bend my head forward?

I am so scared that I have MS and not just BFS.......sigh

I'm not so good at English, so I hope you understand what I mean.

//Chapp
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: L'hermitte sign
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »
You have BFS (muscle twitching), I have it too.

You did MRI and EMG and that is enough to not think about ALS and MS at all, 'cause you don't have these diseases.

These tingling feelings are most likely caused by  trapped nerve in your neck, try to relax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »
Chappen, I think there are many people on this site that can relate to what you are saying. You've had enough tests to know you don't have any of the nasty diseases. Try to work on your anxiety because anxiety only makes things worse.  I have had neurological symptoms on and off for many years with no known cause, so I can definitely relate to your concern.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chappen

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 12:19:41 PM »
These tingling feelings are most likely caused by  trapped nerve in your neck, try to relax.

Yeah but can i trapped nerv in my neck cause buzzing in my feet?

I only did an MRI on my C-spine not head .... Is an MRI on C-spine enough to rule out MS?

//Chapp
Bookmark and Share

Tags: