Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Any med phobics around?  (Read 154 times)

Offline Alecia6

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Any med phobics around?
« on: March 24, 2014, 05:11:36 AM »
If so, please let me know if you can manage to take meds, and what works best for you.
Am having difficulties with meds, and with how my anxiety is at the moment, meds are getting to be crucial.
Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ahefner33

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any med phobics around?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
Hey

I struggle with this. I have HA and through all my test i always had drs try me on stuff. I always had a problem because i know behind the business of sales of medicine is the dr. Then i always read all the possible side effects on the pamplet that seem worse than what im being treated for.

That being said it doesnt mean your dr is not looking out for your best interest. Ask questions and let them know your worry. Youll be surprised at how many will say " good for you for being aware but.." Then theyll explain how you shouldnt.

When i was asked to give clonazepam a try i had no idea what benzos were until friends and family told me there history. It made me nervous but i was at a state where i wanted anything to work and tried it and it helped. If it makes you feel bad you can always stop taking it but just alert your dr
Bookmark and Share
Live

Offline Alecia6

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 01:57:46 PM »
My fear is more specifically an irrational one where I fear that one of my pills may have been tampered with.
I try to work it out that they are safe, and that there is nothing in them that shouldn't be. But am struggling big time with it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »
Asking help from another med phobic in order to get over your own med phobia is counter productive.  I find this akin to asking an alcoholic for advice on how to stop hanging out at the bar on Saturday night, where you always go home intoxicated.  Obviously you wouldn't go to an alcoholic for drinking advice, and you shouldn't go to a med phobic for medication advice.

The best way to get over you med phobia is to just hang out with people who are med positive.  People get out of bad relationships, when they're negative and counterproductive. Instead they are normally advised to hang out with more positive people. 

So hang out with people who are positive about psychiatric medications.  These people don't give others the doom and gloom stories that one hears from med phobics, instead these people educate themselves about the benefits of medication for mental health.

You can find sites on the internet that attract people who are very open to psychiatric medications.  When you associate more with these type of people, the old training in your brain to drop your medications will stop taking you over.

The best way to learn is by example, so find a person who has lived positively with psychiatric meds, and follow their lead.

Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Tags: