Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please reconsider putting chat back where it was  (Read 420 times)

Offline Alecia6

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please reconsider putting chat back where it was
« on: March 24, 2014, 05:01:53 AM »
To the admin on AnxietyZone, please reconsider putting chat back onto the page where it was before.
I have a difficult time as it is, especially when panicky, to log into one place. And the chatroom here on AnxietyZone has been a huge source of comfort and help for me right when I feel I am out of control and need someone to talk to.
We as anxiety sufferer's do not have many resources to go to, or that we can trust in times of turmoil, especially online.
I feel like you've split most of the members apart and confused the rest.
This is very unsettling for many.
Would you please put chat back to where it was. Whoever thought it was a good idea to change it over to anxietywire, obviously didn't consider that many of us with anxious brains, will and are having a very difficult time getting used to this new set up.
I know for me personally...every time I log onto Anxietyzone and furiously look for chat in the middle of a panic attack, and remember it's not there anymore...I get more anxiety.
This may not seem like a big deal to you, or it may seem like a simple change, but trust me when I say, this is upsetting and unsettling.
I hope you can hear what I am saying, and as well, speaking for many others.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please reconsider putting chat back where it was
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:27:05 AM »
To explain, if I can. It wasn't that the chat was moved on purpose. The chat room on this site crashed from time to time. At times it is easy to fix. Other times it takes a lot more work. This site is hosted on a site owned by another party. As most sites are. You buy net space and create your web site. If the host site is having issues it may crash all the sites it is hosting. So it was never the idea of the owner of this site to move the chat room at any time at all. Simple fact was it just kept on crashing here on this site. It was down a month or so ago for a period of about a week. The owner does all he can to fix these issues as quickly as he can. He wants the chat room here on this part of the site along with the main forum too. But if keeps on crashing he has to figure out why and try to solve the issues. He simply placed it where it is for now until he can sort these issues out. So the room doesn't keep on crashing. It can be a lot of work for him. Work he is not getting paid for. It is a free service for all of us. For that he deserves credit for putting the site together. I am sure he has a life to live. So fixing the chat room and other issues has to be done in his free time. It was never something he set out to make happen. It is an error that has happened before. One that can be out of his hands.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Alecia6

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »
Please do not take this as lack of appreciation, because it's not meant that way.
But seeing as this site has grown to the extent it has, perhaps the owner should recruit others to help as well?
If there needs to be money involved, I am more than sure that this site means enough to many that a small fee would be understandable, if not just having a place where donations can be made. I would be fine with that. Just a suggestion.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 02:43:25 PM »
I agree with you 100% about donations. I know other sites do that. I was more just explaining how things work. Like if the host site has any issues they might effect this site. Can and does happen a lot. I agree that the owner does some great work here. His satisfaction is to know that he has created a place that people use to get help and to talk to each other. Hence he does all he can to make sure the site is always working. Coding and scripting can be a pain. That is what makes up a site. All dots and dashes. If an up-date on the server / host site causes an error to that script / coding, he has to find out where the error is. That can take time. Pages of code. Can't be good for the eyes.  :dazed:  Also have to consider that he suffers with anxiety issues just like the rest of us do. We all have good days and bad days. If he is having a bad day / week it might take him that little bit longer. He always gets the job done in the end as you can see. The room is back to working order.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline EsotericNonsense

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 01:15:53 PM »
I'm a software developer who uses this chat service and I would be willing to donate time or money to make it work. The only stipulation is that I am unable to work from 9-5 when I'm at my day job.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alecia6

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
Willing to donate money as well.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: