Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Trembling hands - I don't know what is going on with my body now.  (Read 186 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
So here I am again...  :dazed:

Although this time it's a symptom I can actually see which I think totally freaked me out. I was laying in  bed, watching a video and than I noticed that my hands were trembling, not to the point where I couldn't grab items or write - but I could feel my hands trembling when I touched my phone and I saw my hands shaking moving them.

The trembling doesn't happen when I relax my arms (because the trembling will transfer up through my arms if I am forcing myself to use my hands) and my heart rate is normal (it was dancing between the 80-90's which is pretty much how it always is for me). I didn't feel like my sugar was low (I usually get a fainting feeling when that occurs). So this is freaking me out entirely, as I'm typing this the trembling is still happening (not as bad as when it started out but it's still very apparent.)
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline NightBlizzard

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trembling hands - I don't know what is going on with my body now.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:18:58 PM »
Anyone? It has now happened again :( And I'm starting to get worried that this could be something more serious.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:59:08 PM »
Trembling is a symptom of anxiety for sure.  I started shaking in August of 2012, and I have periods of time where it's better, sometimes worse, but almost always there if I think about it.  Of course, nobody here can diagnose you as either being fine, or having something bad, but if you've talked to your doctor and been checked out, and they don't find anything wrong...well then, welcome to the shakers club!  I find that I'm better if I'm doing something else and getting my mind off of it.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline sally1959

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:14:23 PM »
If it makes you feel any better I am often shaky. At least once everyday. It gets especially worse when I drink coffee or when I forget to eat, but sometimes persists with no apparent cause, at random times. Could be related to my anxiety disorder.

My cousin also has this issue, so I believe it is genetic, except she is not a hypochondriac but a doctor. She calls it her "tremor" and whenever I look at her, her hands are almost always shaking. She doesn't even notice it anymore but I do. I noticed her shaky hands for the first time 8 years ago, and she still has them, with no other symptoms or cause. She's never once worried about it. Although it did change her career path (she originally wanted to go into surgery but because of her hands, opted for obstetrics).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: