Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Any teachers on here? Music teachers?  (Read 104 times)

Offline baytownuser321

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Any teachers on here? Music teachers?
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »
I am having anxiety issues this past year and it is really getting out of hand!

My temper has just been a problem!  I have to hold back so much frustration as kids are not doing what needs to be done to get these programs together that I have to prepare for!  AND, there is no negotiating the programs.  My boss is impossible and has no idea how much WORK goes into a production.

I am at a point that I may not go back next year!  THen I won't know what in the world I will do to make a living. 

I have been to the doctor (psychiatrist) who says I have ADD....when I take my meds I am able to cope better...it does help with the frustration but I am just concerned how bad this year has become!  In the past I have not had to take my concerta everyday, but these past months, since January, I've had to take it pretty much daily.  It does help as I said but I think it might create some anxiety too.

I also take 2 mg of clonazepam at night to help me sleep....I have been trying to cut back on that as I have been on it for about 4 years.  I take 3/4 of the pill and I am wondering if I am having side effects from withdrawal.  I understand getting off of clonazepam can be really tough.

Any advise or thoughts are welcome!  I know this sounds a little confusing, but if you are a teacher, especially a music teacher, you understand I'm sure!  THANK you in advance.  Oh and I can sleep all night taking my clonazepam, but I feel just as tired when I wake up....I do NOT feel rested.  IT's a vicious cycle.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any teachers on here? Music teachers?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:50:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.

Room is currently down. Please sign up for anxiety zone wire ( link in top right hand corner ) for chat purposes.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline snew13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any teachers on here? Music teachers?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:02:09 PM »
Hey there!
I'm a first-year music teacher too (high school choir; 24 years old). I've been struggling with anxiety since 2011 when I had my first "spontaneous" panic attack out of nowhere. My job is very high pressure as well so I know what you are talking about. I tend to wake up with tachycardia and heart palpitations a lot. I also had a lot of stomach and bowel issues last semester. I also have ADD, Tourette's Syndrome, OCD/hypochondria (undiagnosed), depression, and an overall sense of fear at times (mostly for no real reason). I want to be the very best teacher I can possibly become. I think we both can use our struggles as a way of connecting with our students. I've decided that the first day of school next year I will share my struggles with my students (not being super detailed about anxiety). I think that will open the door of acceptance in my classroom more so than it already is. We are all a work in progress and we must accept where we are in life no matter where we are.

Let me know how you're doing!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: